Obese Ireland

Princess must be disgusted at how youā€™ve let yourself go already.

Get the calipers out and pinch some flesh mate. Write down exactly how bad it is.

1 Like

Calipers? :see_no_evil::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

More like aā€¦

4 Likes

You are missing one implement there

Mrs Oā€™Sullivan already has em in a jar on her window sill

1 Like

Iā€™ve let myself go.

1 Like

ā‚¬262 a year, would be low Iā€™d have thought. Thatā€™s only a ā‚¬5 a week.
Sure you could spend ā‚¬25 in the chicken hut of a Saturday night

1 Like

thereā€™s something about these Lesbian storylines on Coronation Street that wakens something deep inside me

I watched ā€œWhat the Healthā€ on Netflix, itā€™s an eye opener

Are Chinese takeaways included in that statistic? I need clarification.

Sugar Tax coming into effect today.

Water and juice-based drinks containing more than five grammes of sugar per 100ml are now liable for the Sugar Sweetened Drinks Tax.

Drinks containing between five and eight grammes of sugar will cost an additional 20c per litre.

If there is more than eight grammes, the tax will be 30c per litre.

Drinks that will be affected include some flavoured waters, carbonated waters, energy and sport drinks, and juice-based drinks.

Another tax on the poor and stupid

So thereā€™ll be what added onto a 500ml bottle of Coke? 15 cents or so? Thatā€™ll sort all the problems out right there.

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

Iā€™m sure the tax thatā€™s taken will be ring fenced for type 2 diabetes supportā€¦ Iā€™d hate to think it would end up in the pockets of high level public bureaucrats like @Brimmer_Bradley

Coke one of the few companies who didnt reduce the sugar levels in product. All own brands in supermarket, lucozade etc have reduced sugar below threshold. So probably will have an impact alright

I heard someone on the radio claiming the tax would be ineffective because a lot of companies had already reduced the amount of sugar in their drinks ahead of the tax being introduced. :grinning:

:grin:

In fairness i dont think it was ever a money grab. View appears to be if we donā€™t comply early and lower sugar levels the tax will just keep increasing

1 Like