Obese Ireland

A 20% obese tax on iphones, xboxes, playstations and all the relevant add ons is what’s needed

2 Likes

Ferarro rocher boy rattled

"Ferraro "?

The equivalent of a paddy spelling ‘patato’
Very embarrassing

2 Likes

@Cicero_Dandi won’t be pleased

Lucozade is undrinkable now

2 Likes

So I hear. Was never a fan

Gone from 17g of carbohydrates per 100ml to 8.9g.

Tastes fairly shit now tbh

Ridiculous to confine this to sugar when the alternative shit is probably worse,
Fizzy and other sweet drinks are the main reason for our obesity problem, I see kids arrive to school daily with about two litres of various shit, never in my classroom though,

It’s a start. An encouraging one.

1 Like

Really? Fck me. Thought most schools had banned them completely. Was at my daughters open day for starting school in sept and got a v prescriptive list of what was and was not allowed in the lunchbox. No juices at all. Water or flavoured water pretty much all they allow

When they phased out Lucozade Lemon they lost me forever. I presume it was Fukushima-level bad for you.

Tax on brekkie/chicken rolls next.

Same old thing, it’s a huge problem in ‘disadvantaged’ families, little Bobby doesn’t like the taste of water so he turns up with 8 Capri suns, if it’s broached with the parents you’d often be hammering your head against a brick wall, they think anything that’s not fizzy is ‘juice’.
In many cases it’s just not worth the hassle,

3 Likes

We are more inactive than ever … a nation of couch potatoes apparently … women far worse than men.

You fat bastard.

some amount of fat bastards in Ireland, the participation levels in sport must be very low

the greyhound breed must be dying out.

I could ate what I wanted and not put on a pound

Lack of education is thee reason for obesity.

And that can include highly formally educated people

1 Like

The highly educated are just lazy.

I’m sitting here at my desk with my second cappuccino (large) of the morning seething at this news.