Obese Ireland

Fuck it. I’d love a McDonalds now.
You’re a cunt

1 Like

We’ve all been there mate. Even the Kilkenny lads, the odd time. It’s a right of passage.

Kilkenny lads will never have that sinking feeling as a ball is launched at the death towards their square, knowing deep down that the inevitable is about to happen. Will never have a team that obliterates the favourites in 15 minutes of blitzkrieg hurling in a semi final, knowing that somehow or other, you’ll lose the final.
Its a galway thing.

2 Likes

Until you said “it’s a Galway thing” you basically described the first 25 years of my life.

5 Likes

Phattpike is a limwick man so i don’t think he pisses on powder unless he’s minus craic at parties

1 Like

Apologies. Sincerely. I feel your pain @PhattPike

1 Like

No apologies needed flatty. FYI I am medium-craic at parties. I am known to get overly “handsy” after 11pm.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

Sure it’s nearly impossible to keep the sugar content low, I’d say the average kid is eating at least 3 times the sugar we consumed in the 80s

2 Likes

but young Johnny is great on the ipad, sitting here drinking a can of coke at 4 years of age

2 Likes

Yup more sugar. No exercise and hours upon fucking end on video games and phones.

1 Like

They’ll all have type 2 diabetes

That’s if they’re lucky.

Sure we call it progress…

It takes 2 wages to pay for a mortgage these days so you’ve mum and dad both clocking circa 40 hours a week. So dinners are rushed events with the default being convenience food alor of the time. Then you’ve parents being utterly exhausted and not really having the energy to engage with kids so the TV/phone/iPad is an easy option. The kids are watching ‘influencers’ of their own age who have access endless amounts of toys and junk food so they assume they are being hard done by and pester the parents into matching up.

Johnnys guilty ould fella has been in Norwich all week so out of guilt he horses the young fella into the PCP car and brings him down to Smyth’s for the latest gadget.

Jesus, the world is fucked lads.

13 Likes

And the whole country wonders why 2 teenagers are up for murder.

1 Like

I’m glad I’ll be dead in 40 years, its frightening to think what the world will be like.

2 Likes

We’ll all be wearing microchips which will upload our physical health to the cloud.

You forgot the part where they blame the teachers.

They said the same in every decade for the last 100 years. Times change, but there were awfully tragic murders years ago too by evil pricks. The case now is hardly much different to the boy in Palmerston in the early 70s. Saying the country is fucked with every passing day doesn’t make it so.

4 Likes

Glad now to have had the kids when we were young might have missed out pissing around in my 20s but now at mid 40s the eldest is just about to do his masters and the youngest will be the doing the Leaving next year.

I look at most of my mates with small kids and don’t envy them one bit. It looks much more of a strain than it did even 10 - 15 years ago. We’ll have the mortgage paid off in 5 years which is fookall anyway. When our first was born which needless to say was unplanned things were tough for a while but I wouldn’t change a thing now. We can do as we please now in terms of nights out holidays etc. Have them when ye’re young lads!

7 Likes