Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Fennelly again. 14/1
If him and Corbett are the favourites for HOTY youā€™d think Fennelly and Corbett would be close odds wise here.

I think if Henry is MOTM here heā€™ll be HOTY again. Interesting thing is that he is 7/1 here and 12/1 for HOTY with Spoils.

[/left]

Power at 18/1 is the value there.

if KK win, shefflin will be given MOTM, no questions asked
expect clichƩs along the lines of:
one of the greatest ever, redemption at last, greatest comeback since you know who, conductor of the orchestra, etc. as the journos count the medals and come to the conclusion that shefflin has to be both MOTM and HOTY since heā€™s now as good as Ring and Doyle

Benny got his redemption in last years Final, biggest cheer of the day was when his point went over. At the prices for MOTM Iā€™d be looking at Paudie Maher

Tickets seem to be quite freely available for this (not price wise obviously :rolleyes: ), a big change from last year. I would say theyā€™ll be available for under face value beforehand.

One of the kk lads here has got four calls today offering him tickets, they seem widely available

yeah seems to be a lot more tickets around alright. offered a lad I know a hill ticket, and said he has been sorted, and had loads of others to give him one. yet he couldnt pick one up outside croke park last year. heard a couple of clubs in KK sent back tickets too.

One of my brothers rang me there.
He says he may have 6.
We only need 4.

One of my other brothers usually gets 2.
Incredible supply for a Thursday.

If it rains we could end up with mid 70000s.

Was looking at a weather site I use for golfing, concerts etcā€¦
Itā€™s usually quite accurate.
http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=4862

Saturday looks horrible,
Sunday looks ok.

If anyone has a spare ticket going let me know, am looking for one for a mate.

Callanan will only be motm if Tipp win by 10 points. If itā€™s a tight game heā€™ll do his usual disappearing act.

7-1 is a great price on Henry. If Kilkenny win heā€™ll be a good evens bet for the honour. [quote=ā€œcluaindiuic, post: 593551ā€]

Fennelly again. 14/1
If him and Corbett are the favourites for HOTY youā€™d think Fennelly and Corbett would be close odds wise here.

I think if Henry is MOTM here heā€™ll be HOTY again. Interesting thing is that he is 7/1 here and 12/1 for HOTY with Spoils.

[/left]
[/quote]

A lad I begged last year for a ticket just rang there and pleaded with me to take 2 off him, lower Cusack and all.

KK Team: Herrity, Murphy, Hickey, Tyrrell, Walsh, B Hogan, Delaney, M Fennelly, Rice, Brennan, Power, Shefflin, C Fennelly, Larkin, R Hogan

Eddie in for Reid. Cody showing a lot of loyalty here for a player who looks to have gained some poundage.

I was expecting Reid to be under pressure but Brennan is a strange one considering his form this year. Maybe Fennelly will start at half forward. I hope Rice plays at midfield.

Colin Fennelly making it is a boost for Kilkenny. Surprised Brennan is playing. He hasnā€™t looked the part at all recently.

Maybe heā€™s flying it in these famous training matches. [quote=ā€œFran, post: 593565ā€]

I was expecting Reid to be under pressure but Brennan is a strange one considering his form this year. Maybe Fennelly will start at half forward. I hope Rice plays at midfield.
[/quote]

He would want to unbelievable given how poor heā€™s looked in the Kilkenny jersey lately. I suppose Cody might be banking on goals tipping the balance and Eddie had pedigree in that department at least. I suppose if Kilkenny win tomorrow weā€™ll get some of the ā€œI never doubted a player of Eddie Brennanā€™s calibreā€ stuff from Cody despite not picking him all year.

I can guarantee they wonā€™t win tomorrow

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Brennan had a cracking game, heā€™s that type of player. When he first came on the scene it seemed as if he wasnā€™t able to rise to the big occasion, similar to Lar Corbett but he developed an edge to his game and became a fantastic goal getter. This form dipped a couple of years ago but he was able to lift his level again in 2009 & 2010. He has a point to prove after last year but Iā€™m not sure he can reinvent himself again