Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Well done kk much the better team. Made hard work of it though

congrats KK, the best team i have ever seen. it really was men against boys at times out there today. an amazing team with amazing players :clap:

Whats the talk coming over the loudspeaker?

Leinster Hurling :clap:

Munster hurling me arse.

Kilkenny have been training since November. I want them stripped of their title

Very true. Tipp are cack

Cody will surely walk away now. He has nothing left to prove

Disappointing enough game I thought. Standard was average enough but KK won nearly every ball that mattered. Not much of a contest in the end.

Bizarre sign in the crowd there. We’re going home. What does that even mean?

Mick Dempsey :clap: A victory for Laois I think we can all agree.

Strikes me as being an absolute child of a man. He’ll never tire, you can tell he’s obsessed with winning, and he’ll be back next year without a doubt.

Fact

Tipp seemed to me unprepared for a physical contest today. Tipp with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 players were demolished physically by KK. O’Mahony’s lack of mobility was targetted ruthlessly all day and they were destroyed in midfield. Patrick Maher was there best player as he was one of the few who wanted to compete for dirty ball. KK closed down the space very well in front of Corbett who didnt have a look in. Eoin Kelly hardly touched the ball and should have been replaced long before the end. He had a diabolical attitude today I thought, screaming at the referee at every opportunity. Ridiculous decision to sub John O’Brien who had a good second half.
Find it gas that lads are praising the hurling of Noel Hickey who got the ball I thought only once in his hands during the game. Murphy was excellent, my MOTM. Hogan played really well too. Walsh great first half. Fennelly and Rice very dominant. All the forwards had their moments. The scoreline flattered Tipp. Shefflin missed three fairly handy points in the first half and there was a 5 minute spell in the second half when they started going for goals when they should have just killed the game off.

Have to mention probably the best goal I’ve ever seen from Richie Hogan. Enlivened a pretty mundane game. Outrageous skill.

Just out from that now. Thought it was a decent enough game. The usual cliches of hunger and desire will be thrown about, but the game was summarized by the point from fennelly where he came out the field tackling maher and won back the ball and fired over. Kk touch was far better and tipp were fumbling a lot. Although kk were rattled after the goal and looked a bit shaky. Walsh, jj or Henry for man of match.

I hope all the forumites at the match got out safely. PJ Ryan was very worried for your safety and that of your dawhers.

Fennelly 1-2 for HOTY and YHOTY?

Disappointing addition to the Tipp/Cats trilogy.
I think WTB commented on how aimlessly KK delivered ball out of defence in last years final. Tipp returned the favour today, mainly due to the pressure exerted by the KK forwards. Surprised at just how easily Corbett, callinan and McGrath were nullified. Lar seemed to have one hand heavily strapped, may not have been 100%? The gap between the best and the rest hasn’t been this narrow in a long time.

Thank you! :smiley:

Colin is not U21 so I think that excludes him from YHOTY