Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Kilkenny is a lovely footballer.

Yeah, think that might have been it though. Galway look nackered and making very poor decisions. Dublin are no great shakes though, level with 54 on the clock

Lost by Galway in that middle third of the second. Two great scores there from Dublin.

Galway completly idled when they got the lead and looked out on their feet by the end. Dublin didn’t panic, got to grips with Conor Rabbitte and showed the better composure when it counted. We’ll get them in the hurling

Better footballer than hurler I think

Yer man Paddy O’Higgins has a whack of Mick Holden about him with the blondie mop of hair

Has there been many dual winners in the one year at this/any grade?

Ray Cummins is the only one i believe.

Martin O’Doherty?

I’m fairly sure that Ray Cummins didn’t win a minor hurling All Ireland. He was on the Cork team that lost to Wexford in 1966 after a replay.

According to Wiki, Fagan could be right

‘‘In the early 1960s Cummins went for a trial with the Cork Under-15 hurling team and, in one of the major oversights of Cork hurling, a future star was turned away. He was subsequently accepted onto the inter-county minor hurling team. Cummins captured a Munster title in this grade as Cork trounced GAlway by 6-7 to 2-8.[8] The subsequent All-Ireland final pitted Cork against Wexford. An entertaining game ended in a 6-7 draw, however, Wexford won the replay by 4-1 to 1-8.[9]’’

Commentary for today’s minor final can be heard as Gaeilge on 3e or in English on TV3

Good on em. Stick that dead language on a station most people on the country dont have anyway.

This commentator is wrecking my head

thoughts on the game
so DB do you fancy the 17 year old dublin boys or the 17 year old galway boys?

Nice point from Maloney there. 12-6 to Galway 10 minutes into the 2nd. Galway doing nothing special, Dub’s not out of the traps yet

Galway the classier team here by far, scores coming lot easier. Noticed the Galway freetaker drying the sliothar before that free, dont think I’ve ever seen that in my life. Drying the hurley, sure, but not the sliothar.

Unders bet sounds like its on course anyway

I concur, he’s fucking annoying and Nicky English has a head and voice for newspapers. Its an abomination having the minor final in English. I know its available As Gaeilge on some digital channel, but I’m getting the english version here on Setanta in Aus, outraged I am. Fuck this, I really wanted the Dubs to win this.

Galway on a different level here, great to see it :clap:

Mannion at the back and Maloney up front have been excellent for Galway

+1…up the west