Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

I am away and listened on radio . The consensus was he might have taken the point . He just finished exams and had a long winter hurling , He gas another year at this level and will be very good .

Paul o brien reminds me of PƔdraic Mahony in many ways .

I think heā€™s very good but definitely has a long way to go. I do think heā€™d benefit from being with Kinnerk. Flashes of real brilliance but can switch off.

Yes .

Cork are coming like a fucking train. Itā€™s a matter of time

1 Like

Was Oā€™Brien 15 and McCarthy 13?

Yes

1 Like

Wolfe was poor enough and was taken off yeah?

1 Like

Iā€™d no programā€¦ Anyway, they looked poorly coached ā€¦ Decision making was very frustrating Connolly tried hard but we kept running into contact or turning over short passes. Gillanes puckouts were poor first half but he tidied it up second half and played a few beauts. Lovely initial save for the goal also. Cork should have won that by 12

Aristotle

Did the home/away sequences from u21 follow on to u20 or was a new arrangement started ?

thank fuck I had a half /half Jersey on.

3 Likes

Cork werenā€™t spectacular, they hit some amount of aimless wides which must have been so frustrating with Oā€™Regan & Turnbull inside. When the ball went in, they did damage.

We didnā€™t seem to have any real plan as to how to deal with the size differential, Cork backs were physically well ahead of our forwards.

When they finally started sending sustained ball in Cork hit 1-6 or so over 10 minutes

Rather be winning matches at this age group than under 17. Under 17 just juvenile hurling really.

Cork Limerick on now.

Donā€™t know for sure pal, I just assumed they followed the old formats but havenā€™t looked into it.

1 Like

Iā€™d bring Connery back to midfield. Too much of a scoring threat to be half back. Oā€™Shea has to start, too talented to be on the bench. Millerick back to half back. Oā€™Regan looks to have a right bit of cutting about him

1 Like

Galway with a 7 point win over the Rossies tonight, Connacht final against Mayo next week.

1 Like

When was the last time Mayo won a hurling title?

Every year since 1951.