Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

KK almost dont deserve this for wasting so many chances to put Galway away

Was at this. Galway were poor after a very good first 10 minutes. Overcomplicated everything and played way out from goal. The goalie was good as was the full forward. Looked like a team who could be decent but things just didn’t get going for them.

Nice to see Kilkenny beat a top county in a championship which has been a rarity recently. Mullen was peripheral enough. Brassil and young wing back from O’Loughlins whose name escapes me were very good. Their tackling was excellent and the forwards have the potential to be very good but hard to see them put it up to Cork. DJ’s son was good centre back too. He looked poor enough in the equivalent fixture last year. Great that these lads get at least two more games now.

1 Like

Conor Heary got MotM

1 Like

Evan Cody best man on the pitch. Surprised he isn’t on Kilkenny senior team.

You’ll get nowhere in Kilkenny with that name.

He was doing his LC. He is after a long season with Shamrocks and Kierans also.

He will be there next year.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/gaelic-football-news/galway-v-mayo-live-stream-17478123.amp

1 Like

Extra time here. A great game.

No more updates from @gaillimhmick.

I take it that means Mayo won by a point.

1 Like

Yes, a great game and Mayo by a point. Mayo play losers of Leinster and Galway the winners next. Should guarantee both Connacht teams a semi berth, as there is nothing to fear from Leinster this year.

Amazing that, with all that games development money I had assumed Dublin would be certainties to win their 12th All-Ireland minor football title in a row this year.

1 Like

No, they’re no great shakes this year. I’ve seen them twice and they were far from impressive.

They’ve been no great shakes most years at u-17 or u-18 level since 2012

It’ll be interesting to see who they get out of the team for the seniors. Conor O’Callaghan is the only cert.

This has gone to extra time - Dublin 1-11 Kildare 0-14

Dublin got a fantastic equalising point with the last attack scored by Fionn Murray of Thomas Davis which I’ve only just seen on the replay as the stream malfunctioned about six seconds before it was scored

The move came right from the goalkeeper and sort of reminded me of Kilkenny’s equalising point against Wexford in the 1993 Leinster hurling final such was the calmness and coldness of the execution of the move and finish

Kildare’s team look much more physically imposing than Dublin

Kildare’s big mullockers have muscled Dublin’s dainty little ball players out of it in extra time

Money can’t buy heart

As Galway have found out over and over and over again

But it can buy a Mighty Mac meal

The smaller Dublin lads fought right to the end there but lost 1-19 to 2-21 to a team of child men

Kildare and Meath have been kicking the shit out of us at minor for 5 years now. How is this possible? I thought this money made it impossible for anyone else to compete.