Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Shane O’Regan is the latest gripchanger in town:

What were we thinking with that 6 goal combo bet last Sunday, should’ve been laying the fucking thing?

1 Like

That Cork U20 keeper has an awful habit of dropping one hand off the hurley while striking a puck out, drove a couple of balls out of play doing it.

5-20 from play and 14 different scorers :hushed:

Galway v Kilkenny - Minor QF - Sunday

1. Michael Egan (Cappataggle)

2. Eanna Davern (Moycullen)

3. Eoin Lawless (Athenry)

4. Adam Nolan (Kilnadeema-Leitrim)

5. Enda Collins (Carnmore)

6. Ian McGlynn, Captain, (Kilconieron)

7. Christy Brennan (Clarinbridge)

8. Liam Leen (Clarinbridge)

9. Oisin Slevin (Ardrahan)

10. Colm Cunningham (Moycullen)

11. Sean McDonagh (Mountbellew Moylough)

12. Tiernan Killeen (Loughrea)

13. Gavin Lee (Clarinbridge)

14. Shane Morgan (Loughrea)

15. Greg Thomas (Ballygar)

1 Like

Moycullen have hurlers?

Was surprised myself with that.

Ballygar wouldn’t have too many Galway reps either.

Ballygar had a lad on last years All-Ireland winning team, so too did Moycullen I think. Morgan D’Arcy was one of the trailblazers for Moycullen back in the day. There were a number of clubs more renowned for their football represented on last year’s starting 15. I thought Mounbellew-Moylough had joined with a neighbouring club too to make them one of the longest named clubs in Ireland?

Always had and great handballers too. Morgan Darcy senior & junior are two that come to mind.

I’m not up to date with Galway senior clubs but I’d guess 7 of the 15 are from clubs that are not senior?

About that.

Hard to know whether that means the smaller clubs need congratulating or the bigger clubs need a kick up the hole. I suppose as they are All-Ireland champions then it must be the former, but would be good to see representation from places like Castlegar, Oranmore and Gort.

Moycullen on fire tonight on TFK

I played my last ever club game in Galway against them. It was an U21 B semi final in 1992, played in Clarinbridge. They went on to win it out. Always had a few handy hurlers.

1 Like

A moycullen hurling legend would know to hold the thin end

Galway had a few smashing lads today on that minor team. 6, 11 and 15 all looked serious.

1 Like

Good response to the goal here from Wexford.

A Shefflin and a Cody on the way…the future is bright

Young Shefflin looks decent and Brassil very good on the frees.

Any kind of win gleefully accepted there. Tough opposition away from home in challenging conditions without your best player. A little but too inclined to force a short pass rather than getting the ball out of danger but that can be worked on.