Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Looks like the second year in a row that both provincial minor winners were beaten the next day out. Not Galway or Kilkennys fault but it seems teams are being penalised for winning their province

I think it’s time to switch over to the build up for the other game.

Wex look utterly stuck to the ground

I did that until I saw ursela jacobs

2 Likes

Tyrone lead Kerry by 3 points in the minor quarter final at half times and should be far more ahead. The Kerry keeper made two brilliant saves to deny goals and Tyrone hit the post with pointed efforts twice. Kerry have barely had a kick so far and those missed chances may come back to haunt Tyrone.

Mark Devlin, the Tyrone no 11 looks a class act.

The minor system is farcical.

Put Galway into Leinster. Same semi final system as used for U-20 hurling seems sensible to me.

3 Likes

Well, till ya heard her

It’s the obvious solution

Probably. Or scrap the provinces altogether but the turkeys will never vote for Christmas

1 Like

Game’s gone very stop start here.

Something needs to be done in general to try and reduce the time for stoppages in play. Most of this half seems to be just aimless fucking about with frees or injuries. You could add 8 minutes of injury time here already imo.

Welcome to the senior panel Mike Egan.
Beauty there from Thomas

Wexford would have lost to offaly Dublin and Kilkenny if they played like this in the leinster.

Three periods of 15 mins with the clock stopping as play does

A good Galway goalie :scream::scream::scream:

What a point

1 Like

I’ve only been watching this for about 15 minutes but the standard of Wexford’s passing in that time has been as bad as I’ve ever seen from a team at inter-county level

Like they’re playing with shackles on their arms

A lad from mountbellya motm in a hurling semi final. Be the jaysus

2 Likes

You’d get less fresh air on Curracloe beach than from this Wexford minor team

Wexford 6 rolls around for a peno. Its a free out so he gets up and starts pushing lads :smile:

What I’ve seen of this game has been an utterly dreadful advertisement for this grade

Terrible standard

You’d presume Kilkenny will beat Galway up a stick in the final