Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

We did something similar against Kerry last year in fairness

Limerick three up with five minutes to play.

The inevitable Cork goal :lol:

Cork and Limerick go point for point. Level a minute into injury time.

Limerick lead by a point. Three minutes injury time played.

Limerick win 0-16 to 1-12

Grats to the Limerick lads. The state of Cork underage hurling… :frowning:

Cork hurling is fucked.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed.

http://corkgaa.wordpress.com/2012/05/02/limerick-0-16-cork-1-12-ft-munster-minor-hurling-championship/

From what I’ve heard, Cork don’t take the development squad system half as seriously as Waterford, Tipp, and Clare do. I imagine that’s a factor even if it’s hard to know how big a factor it is.

You heard wrong wtb. I sound like Kev here but I know the Cork coach and he was telling me all about the set up. He had the u16’s last year and was kept on for continuity. Well set up and all players tracked.

Good win by Limerick though :clap:

Is this Flannery? Will you tell him to tell Kenneally to calm down and stop screaming at his young charges from the sideline. Bloody nutter.

I find that very hard to believe.

:rolleyes:

Cork take the development squads very seriously over the past few years, its just that schools hurlnig is shit and our young hurlers are inferior to everyone else’s in Munster.

If Kilkenny were producing the kind of minor teams Cork are producing at the moment, I don’t think they’d be talking about how well organised they are.

…what’s so hard with believing our players are just inferior? Schools has a huge part to play in being competitive at Minor inter-county, and Cork schools are shite.

TBF, half of the team that played for Cork today are underage next year.

No bother Turenne, will do

Laois bowed out of the Leinster MFC last night to a 14 man Longford, their second defeat in the competition after losing to Wicklow in the first round. Its a long time since the heady days of the mid 90’s and 2000’s when our Minor footballers were dominating Leinster and Ireland. Eye has been completely taken off the ball in the County and we’re floundering badly. This will most likely culminate in defeat to Longford again in the Leinster SFC 1st Rd proper. Things aren’t good in the place.