Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

He was U-17 last year you tit.

Tit?

Heā€™s actually younger than o neill by a few months I think. Heā€™s a class act. Heā€™ll be centre back for cork for years.

1 Like

Cork subs made a big difference in extra time. Hard to know how good they are though. Limerick were game but limited and still took it to extra time. Didnā€™t think the standard was overly hectic but it is the middle of winter albeit as good an evening as youā€™ll get in winter.

Cork squad full of qualityā€¦ Limerick put up a good fight in normal time but had nothing in ET. This Cork team will have to deliverā€¦they got their warning tonight.n

O Grady is a good prospect as well.

7 and 14 only two players from that side who are up to it.

I think that very harsh. Iā€™d say our manager is not up to much and we bumped into an exceptional cork side.

It is a strong Cork side, best player on the park was Cathal Oā€™Neill. I think Barrett looks a proper player. You only want one or two good ones from those underage teams. If Cork donā€™t win an All Ireland with depth of the squad they have it is all a matter.

A very strong team. Theyā€™ll get 7 or 8 seniors of that side.

Not sure they will get 7/8 but they will definitely bring a good few through you would think. The problem with Cork players underage over recent years is mismanagement at senior, long may it continue.

Harsh but fair, we are looking for a couple of proper prospects to feed into the senior side which will be at most 3 from that team which is all you need as itā€™s very rare so many from the one group all make the step up itā€™s why we were blessed with that 2013 minor side which backbones the current senior team. The younger of the Kirby brothers John is better than the older brother Patrick.

2 Likes

Ah tbf clare got a pile of a 21s team In 2013, limerick as you say and Waterford got a good few off that all Ireland winning team of theirs. Iā€™d imagine youā€™ll see something similar with cork. Also much easier break into the cork senior team at the moment than limerick. Agree re John. I was disappointed in considene.

Look at Turnbull two years ago, looked a superstar and is nowhere to be seen now with injuries. Cork need 8-9 players to make the step up thankfully we dont.

1 Like

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

1 Like

All you need is a couple trickling throughā€¦

1 Like

Ah itā€™s hard to tell with 20s. U21s was a better indicator of what was coming through. Oā€™Neill has it though. Other than that its wait and see.

He was rubbish at U-20 level. Looked decent to good at Minor but no interest in goals. Didnā€™t really look like a senior inside forward, even before the injuries.

2 Likes

His option taking needs improving

Is that Hayes lad who came on a son of Paddy that played football for Cork in the 80s & 90s ??

Yes. They say hes a better football prospect but they always say that.

1 Like