Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Tipp beat Cork in the minor football tonight. By a point.

Kerry beat Clare. By two points.

Tipp 1-10 Cork 0-09
Kerry 0-17 Clare 3-4

you do the maths

Is how they called it on Newstalk. I’ll freely admit they may have been wrong

Tipperary footballers, beat Kerry in Killarney and Cork in Pairc Ui Caoimh :clap: :clap:

Have to beat Kerry again just to win a Munster Final :shakefist:

http://corkgaa.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/tipperary-1-10-cork-0-9-ft-munster-minor-football/

Are last years management team still in charge of the Tipp minors?

Billy Bunter?

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 578090”]
Have to beat Kerry again just to win a Munster Final :shakefist:
[/quote] not this kerry team. Clare big blew a major opportunity to play a summer of minor football. Any time our full forward line got the ball they caused massive problems. However the other 12 players spent the evening standing around in a heap 30 yards from our own goals yet every time Kerry came forward they were constantly given space to pass the ball and shoot. Not once in the entire game did a Kerry player get beaten out to a kick into attack because we seemed obsessed with being goal side but that just allowed them to kick points at their ease. We played like a side going out not to lose rather than trying to win. Kerry played lovely patterns but they are not a good side at the back.

on a side note Jamie Malone and Martin o Leary both played physically they looked like players who could Add a lot to the hurlers attack if they can up the ante in training for the next few weeks and get their hurling up to the pace.

Yes David Power is still over them.

Couple of digs thrown in the tunnel at half time. Cork missed a scatter of chances and including some shocking close in frees apparently. Both minor teams out in May is very disappointing (for the Corkonian’s amongst us).

Did o leary come on as a sub?

hopefully his injuries are behind him.

he came on alright and looked fit and strong. he has a lot to do to recover from his not being available for clare training and then hurling for ballyea but he is definitely going to get a fair chance as will jamie malone. if malone can get his hurling up to the level required he will be a huge addition. the panel was being rejigged last night with some of the players who were brought in for training matchs to fill gaps being retained at the expense of lads who have been in there a long time. tough thing to happen for a young lad but thats the way it goes

My sources tell me due to Wexford having travelled to the salubrious surroundings of O Moore Park Portlaoise last year, the LMHC Semi Final between our two counties will be played in the cauldron of Wexford Park. This should be confirmed by Comhairle Laighean in the coming weeks. I look forward to traveling to Wexford in the June sunshine.

Wexford GAA website and Twitter feed have this confirmed as a 23rd June clash of the titans in Wexford (presumably Wexford Park).

Ye better not try take us out to some shithole like you do with the footballers :guns:

I am looking forward to my pilgrimage to fair Wexford all going well.

Half time in Castlebar.

Mayo 1-4 Sligo 0-1

Mayo beat Sligo 1-6 to 0-6

Handy enough win for Wex. 1-24 to 1-12 I think it finished. Laois got a bit of a run just before half time to bring it back to 4 in it, but Wex knocked over some nice scores to ease thru. Kenny at centre back, devitt at midfield and Conor Mac at full forward best for Wex. Not the finest of performances, bit slack and sloppy at times. But a decent win anyway.