Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Ah thatā€™s makes sense. I had forgotten it was still the 2020 championship. Cork should win that out alright.

Congratulations Dublin hurlers :clap:t3:

sure is, was superb for the under 20s in football in 2020

1 Like

Serious player. Absolute monster for his age.

Is he on the Dublin panel this year?

I donā€™t believe he is yet but make up of full panel wouldnā€™t be well known

Heā€™s James McCarthyā€™s long term heir.

1 Like

he looked like James McCarthy and Paul Curran all rolled into when I saw him kick ball last year

3 Likes

Kilmacud , Cuala and Bsllyboden combined had a relatively small representation tonight

1 Like

Crokes have loads on the panel itself 5/6

1 Like

Spirited display from Dublin. Galway tried hard, but looked less fit and less prepared. Even still we should have won really. Few Galway lads had wintered well. Fitter and better prepared side won. Congratulations to Dublin. Iā€™d give them a decent chance against cork if they can tighten up at the back a bit.

3 from Boden I think with 1 starter

Have you seen Cork play?

No, but cork are always being talked up, and whilst Galway looked way off where they were Vs kk last year, they still all tried hard, and Dublin bate us, so thereā€™s no point in going in against cork already beaten in your head.

Fair play Flatty. I was lucky enough to be there. A really good match and a badly needed boost for us. Dublin seemed a little hungrier and pacier overall. However we got away with it at the back. Our corner back got roasted and his replacement was worse. We will need to push Gannon back into wing back and O heithir into the corner or that Cork forward line will ate us.

Gannon is a serious talent but is on the senior football panel so unfortunately we could be looking at a familiar story here. However Purcell no 13 and Murphy no 11 looks like serious forward prospects.

Iā€™m just fucking delighted. Dublin Hurling hasnā€™t really had a good day since we beat ye in Parnell 2 years ago.

16 Likes

Some nice raw materials for Davy to work with next year

13 Likes

I find a lot of the times I watch Dublin underage hurling teams , the weak-link is nearly always at corner back ā€¦

Thereā€™ll be some razzmatazz around Dublin hurling next year with Davy in charge and full crowds back hopefully.

You could easily see them winning a League or Leinster title.

You may aswell hand them the Walsh Cup now.

3 Likes

What kind of mileage allowance would it take to get Davy on board?

Not all that much Iā€™d say as long as he is allowed ā€œfundraiseā€

There arenā€™t any other Liam McCarthy level jobs out there for him once Wexford slink out of this yearā€™s championship struggling to break 20 points in doing so.

Unless he fancies the laois, Antrim, Offaly et al gigs