Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Dublin and Davy will be a match made in heaven.

Heā€™ll have all the ā€œSliotar Momā€™sā€ buying in straight away.

2 Likes

They need a big of star power to up the draw and public consciousness of the hurlers.

Exactly . Whatever oneā€™s views on Davy he is far and away the most recognisable hurling personality in the country .

The housewife in Donnycarney and the Dalkey hurling mom will buy in .

I think Daly is more likely than Davy.

They were great occasions back in 2011/2013 when Daloā€™s army brought about 50k to Croker.

The type of bolloxin Davy does be going on with is not John Costelloe 's cup of tea. I canā€™t see it happening.

1 Like

This Dublin team is a fine team, and this final should be a great game. Dublin look like a very well coached outfit. For Galway, I thought playing kilcommons at HB was a mistake by lynskey.

It was impressive viewing I thought. Proper championship stuff. Sometimes underage games feel more ā€œpureā€ than senior games, and I thought that was the case here.

I got the feeling that Dublin were perhaps better prepared than Galway for this. A bit worrying that they have a championship game under their belt before the final alright but Cork can have no excuses, they knew what they were in for.

Massive game for Cork hurling. Iā€™d lose the Limerick game by 30 points if it meant weā€™d get over the line in this u20 final. A monumental match for both Cork and Dublin.

3 Likes

Fair play to Dublin. They were the hungrier and fitter team. Loads of speed in the side and scored some excellent points.

1 Like

When is it on?

The weekend after the Limerick game I think. Iā€™d imagine the Saturday evening.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if Connolly and Barrett play against Limerick now. I always thought Connolly was the joker in the deck for championship but with the 20s final the following weekend, itā€™s hard to tell.

1 Like

Cork will be playing the Munster senior final the same weekend.

Theyā€™ll surely avoid the clash?

1 Like

Not really. Dont think theres any of the Cork u20s on the senior football panel, so it shouldnā€™t be an issue

Iā€™m talking hurling here. You wouldnā€™t know much about it.

I missed this game last night due to my own personal commitments but pleasantly surprised by it . Tullamore is a lovely ground for a match and makes for a much better occasion than that kip in Portlaoise.

Dublin look the fitter team by a nice bit. Some nice players on both sides. Lee Gannon could be the answer if he stays with it and the Goalie looks the part.

Saw Gannon play centre back in a Freshers match a few years ago and he was head and shoulders above the rest.

2 Likes

Touched a nerve I see. It took you ten minutes to come up with that rebuke

Iā€™m only winding you up. Your a good man @iron_mike

I was putting more thought into the rest of my post.

1 Like

That Kennedy fella no 11 for glaway is a lovely player.Kevin Burke our 6 is a brother of Donal and a serious player but he was well beaten by Kennedy.

The Full back tj lorded it all day too.

2 Likes

Kevin Burke leg looked heavily strapped, I reckon it hindered him, not 100%

Have ye really fallen this far?

5 Likes

No.

I played golf with two lads from Galway last year. Allegedly the Comers wanted to sponsor Galway, a strop was thrown by Pat who said he would pull all funding if anyone else came on board. They were going to give a pitch to Galway Gaa in Oranmore, I could be wrong on the town, long and short after the strop they gave it to Galway United. They said the county board had no money.