Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

There’s some amount of clubs in cork. Never even heard of a few there.

You’re like Seán Óg so.

11 Likes

Mayo beat All-Ireland champions Galway this evening in the Connacht u20 football championship on penalties, after Galway beating Mayo on penalties last year. Long live the provincial championships and proper local rivalries.

1 Like

Dungourney is probably the lowest profile club on the list, and they’ve even won a senior all Ireland

5 Likes

Yeah tbh Ballygarvan is the only one I hadn’t heard of and I probably should have.

Ballinora ?

Get Spillanes club, and the ancestral home of Liam McCarthy

1 Like

Fine setup there too.

Isn’t the airport Ballygarvan ??

St. Ita’s was the club he’d never heard of wasn’t it? Seamus Harnedy’s club.

Are you saying it’s coming home?

I’d have said Farmers Cross for the Airport though I’ve never thought what parish that is? It’s a few miles from what I’d call Ballygarvan

In fairness to Sean Og, I had never heard of St Itas before Harnedy either, certainly never paid attention to it

Watergrasshilll 🤷

On the old Dublin to Cork road - between Fermoy and Cork

1 Like

Tbf, the reason people were slagging off Seán Óg wasn’t that he hadn’t heard of the club, it was a combination of just the general arrogance of senior clubs and the fact that he was panning the management for dropping one of his friends (and Harnedy would then go on to arguably be Cork’s best player over the next 9 or 10 years).

We played them in a challenge in the recent past, think Eddie Enright lives down there. They’ve produced some decent underage hurlers in recent seasons- Shane O’Regan was one of the U-20 stars of 2019 and was a Cork senior for a while (still underage in 2020 but had lost his place by the final?) and Daire O’Leary was wing-back in 2020; again a decent player.

1 Like

Eddie has done Trojan work there.

Of good Pallaskenry stock.

Lovely family.

1 Like

A fine go carting track

1 Like