Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

They were forced to with that farce of a sending off

1 Like

They did. Fell apart a bit after the red and looked out on their feet but brilliant point to win it. Jack Cahalane deserves a serious pat on the back for the 2nd half workrateā€¦ He was like Tony cascarino up front at times

1 Like

Jesus , TG4 could do a bit of analysis

Looks like heā€™s great balance ,turns either side very naturallyā€¦
Gas hearing the names ā€¦the blind lines continue Cork cahalane, Buckley ,creedon, a Lordan came onā€¦ Kerry o Shea ,geaney ,Clifford

1 Like

Iā€™d struggle to think of a recent Kerry team that gave the ball away so cheaply, and so often

1 Like

Youre right. I have never seen it and Iā€™m playing the game a long time. The only thing I can think of is maybe there was verbals or back chat. I think he consulted his umpire. In any case bizarre call and thankfully it didnā€™t decide tell in the end.

Aidan Walshes brother. Quiet early in game but came into it when need was most

2 Likes

Like I said only saw las 10 but That was the stride of a thoroughbred he made up field near the end ā€¦the Carkies are coming :eyes:

1 Like

Savage peno in fairness to the Kerry man ā€¦ great finish ā€¦

Still going. Strong Junior side. Back fielding underage as well. Oldest club on the northside.

1 Like

Ricken will be senior manager next season. Thereā€™s enough ability there to be as good as anything outside the top 6.

Would you not already be as good as anything outside the top 6?

1 Like

They scraped past Westmeath in a Div 2 relegation playoff a few wks ago. Thatā€™s their level under Ronan McCarthy.

Given the underage success and vast potential I think ye can aim even higher. I wouldnā€™t say Cork are as far behind the likes of Donegal, Tyrone and Galway as some would imagine. Was it 2019 Cork won a minor and U20 all-Ireland double in football?

It was

Only missed out on a promotion semi-final on GD too. An unusual year in the sense that 2/3 led to a relegation semi for Cork but secured a promotion semi for Kildare and ultimately a place in div 1 for next season.

Theyā€™d want to be. The seniors are as bad as Iā€™ve ever seen them.

1 Like

oldest, that is interesting

How many winning Kerry minor teams have now passed without an U20 crown? ā€¦

All 5 have now passed through with 3 Munster Championships to show for it at under 20/21.

1 Like