Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Cork must have 7 or 8 lads all near or over 6ft. They can all hurl too.

If Cork can keep all these young fellas on the straight & narrow they are going to be a force to fear over next 10 years it appears.

Galway did a little better than Tipp in second half, a point more

Ah lovely. I’ve never even heard of Conor fucking O’Leary. :rofl:

He’s made some bizarre calls ( non calls )

50-50 game next week with both teams only having played once to qualify. Standard was higher in tonight’s game though.

I’ll call a spade a spade here . He was fucking brutal, particularly against Tipp

A bad week for Tipp hurling but no real surprises. A few quiet years ahead

The 5/4 on Cork was free money.

Pat ryan is as wide as he is long.

Didn’t Pat Ryan play for Cork back in the early 00s? Some condition on him

Was Teddy Mc at the match?

1 Like

Galway made very hard work of that against a fairly limited outfit, which is a common occurrence for their underage teams. The only twist with this one is that they seem to have a very decent keeper, not often you would say that about a Galway side.

Thank fuck Clare are in Munster, when things are rock bottom at least you know the whipping boys are in a worse state.
How the fuck Devane looked at JD for 50 minutes is beyond me.

Nephew. Son of Cormac

1 Like

As I posted in another thread.

That was very on brand Galway. Lightning fast start. Other team chasing shadows. Big lead at half time. 20 minute mid match nap. Wake up and find themselves in a contest. Just about hang on after multiple heart in the mouth moments.

5 Likes

The Teneo well will soon run dry with Deccie getting his p45

9DCE139E-DB66-404E-B7DB-F6F8E174690F

7 Likes

Jaysus, I got that badly wrong. Tipp completely collapsed second half. Eerily similar to the senior match; Cork got a few points and suddenly Tipp looked slightly rattled. Their puckout completely collapsed, which had been going very well first half.

O’Kelly at wing-forward was the only one who stood up to dig them out second half. And when they won some of Cork puckouts, they did their best to give it back to Cork as soon as possible by dropping it down on top of their half-backs.

Devon Ryan was excellent first half but non-existent second half. But two very soft goals conceded; absolutely awful from Browne for the first one and I don’t know where the corner-back went for the second.

Thought ye were hard done by a few times tbf

Devon Ryan was in the Jason Forde role this evening