Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

O Shea looks light. Cooney, on the other hand doesn’t. Great to see a lad with a bit of ballast.

There’s some sort of glitch in our matrix. It’s unfathomable. I love following Galway in everything because when we turn up, we are a joy to behold, but at underage we seem unable to maintain any kind of control, even when we are a better team.

2 Likes

We’re too sound and easy goin. Shur you’d want to be an awful prick to keep hammering a team when they are bet.

Same thing happened in 2019, we took it too easy on Carlow and lost out on points difference, we’ve been the best team in Leinster the last 6 years and have what two titles to show for it.

1 Like

I’m waiting for Cusack’s cry for a yellow traffic cone yoke to place the sliotar on for sideline cuts….it’s part of our Irishness…[the usual bollox etc…]

Chill the fuck out lads. Galway won by 5 points. It’s not easy to go hell for leather for 60 odd minutes in that heat.

1 Like

I think he had some health issues but not 100% on that

He was captain when they won Munster in 2000 I’m almost sure. The same day Tommy Dunne scored 2 crackers

So true @flattythehurdler. We can never do anything simply. A mile the better side tonight and we were hanging on at the end. It’s infuriating.

Young Rabbite in goal looks a good prospect.

1 Like

You’re mixing him up with fergal Ryan from Blackrock on the captaincy piece

4 Likes

Possibly but he definitely played that day, scored a long range free I’m almost sure. Deane was being seen to at time

Came on as sub.

Our record at underage this century excluding the Donal and Gerry managed teams is woeful. Aside from a decent run at under 21 from 2008 to 2010 under John Minogue it is very poor. Only for a handful of people going and doing their own thing outside of the county board in the mid 2000s the golden spell under D&G transpired and the executive soon took that over and put their own men in place once there was a bit of glory to be potentially had

I think we have been fairly unlucky at under 20s the past three years. In the run up to championship we have lost key players all three years - Higgins and Noonan in 19, Higgins again, Moloney Aidan McCarthy and Shane Meehan last year and Galvin, Meehan and Rodgers this year. We can’t afford to be missing key players like that

Think he scored from play too? Yes he was a sub

1 Like

DO’S is class, both in head and in wrists. JC likely to be the higher mullocker. IMcG a serious talent, as is SN (but he will really need to watch his weight).

2 Likes

He would have played alright but Sara wouldn’t have won any championships around then so he wouldn’t have been in line for capt

Jayses, I just posted the teams. He came on as a sub.

I think McGlynn is the real deal. Probably a natural centre back. Neary lacking serious pace to make it at the next level though. O’ Shea is really developing well. Has a turn of pace and serious vision. Needs to add a few kg to be able withstand the cut + thrust of senior IC. A few years Fitzgibbon will be a god send to him as club hurling won’t develop him.

1 Like

Very much agree with all those observations. Galway will probably try to turn DK into a GearĂłid Hegarty type wing forward.

What level would Salthill be in Galway? They’re starting to have a few on underage squads here and there aren’t they?