Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Ya, that would be only 50 weeks on a 3 sessions a week basis. Now lets say they do 4 some weeks it’s not huge, although still a significant commitment when you consider schools and clubs also looking for them.

Hasn’t been 50 weeks since October. 7 months - say 30 weeks, so 5 times a week.

Turenne was on about Cork for the year.

As for Laois, that’s probably a bit much for Minors IMO.

Isnt there an embargo on when you can start training Minors? Just because betswot said it and lads regurgitated it on the internet, doesnt make it true. Critchley is no fool, he wouldnt pull the piss to that extent.

Ya I’d take it with a pinch of salt alright, seems excessive.

Leinster MHC Quarter Final Kildare 1-3 Kilkenny 5-9 (HT)

Handicap was -17 with PP, looks like they will cover it easily.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 773853, member: 273”]Turenne was on about Cork for the year.

As for Laois, that’s probably a bit much for Minors IMO.[/quote]
I heard that the Tipp minor hurlers train only twice a week under William Maher

Leinster MHC Q/F Kilkenny 7-16 Kildare 1-9 (FT)

Looks like your lot are already hammering Offaly MBB.

Those 150 sessions did the job.

Half time score: Laois 3-9, Offaly 0-5

https://twitter.com/DonalOgC/status/335800279398240256/photo/1

They done what they had to do.

Wexford next

What kind of odds would we get on a Laois win MBB. I’d say if they sort out this Wexican full-forward they’ll walk out.

No idea but I like the look of our full back. Still Laois squeaked by Offaly last year and Wexford put them on their holes. Presume we’re home this year after being away last.

Great night in O Moore Park last night :clap:

As a non-Laois man I can confirm that Critchley is a complete legend of a man. Best trainer I ever had. He is now walking the walk with the Laois underage system. They are now competive at the underage grades which is some turnaround from a few years ago.
Beating Offaly for the first time in 40 years or something isn’t a huge achievement, however, as Offaly are too obsessed with bitching about whether hurling should be played in Birr or Tullamore to notice that their underage structure is a complete shambles.

Leinster Minor Hurling semi-final at Parnell Park:
Kilkenny 0-17 Dublin 2-7 FT

UMFC Semi-Final:
Tyrone 1-12 Down 0-10 FT

Massive result for Laois hurling.

Laois 1-14 Wexford 0-13. Laois into their first Leinster minor hurling final since 1991.

Ah lovely :pint:

Fair play to Laois. Hope you beat those KK cunts.