Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 578225”]

Mac I’ve told you before the overs don’t come up in the minor hurling. Always back the unders.[/quote]

I know you did Fagan, with respect

+1 m8.

Respect is important Mac

myboyblue how good are the Laois minor hurlers? I see they’re favourites to beat Offaly tomorrow.

Offaly are shit Mac.

I think you’ll find thats not the question I asked Turenne

This may be of some interest to you Mac:

if laois get beaten by a modest offaly, on home turf, we might as well throw our hat at it…why?..well pat critchley and his backroom team have had prepared this team since the 1st of October 2012. the other night was the 150th squad session since( liberal use of session, including games etc). they have done all the gym work, and ought to be physically, on a different plane to offaly, who I am told have done zip. last midweek, laois travelled down to munster, and defeated a county amongst the favourites for the munster title. 50% of that performance level will get the job done on Saturday. many fools, will point to history etc, looking for an angle why offaly might win…history is bunkum, the offaly of today underage, is leagues beneath the polished outfits of the 90s.

barring a freeze, I expect laois to win comfortably, 6 to 8 points, and then give wexford a test before losing by a similar margin in the semi final.

Thanks Turenne, I had read something similar

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Droid]More than any other single attribute, this Laois team’s strength is their strength. Manager Pat Critchley has done an incredible amount of strength and conditioning work with this team and it is reputed that this game will be their 150[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=inherit]th[/FONT][SIZE=13px][FONT=Droid] [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Droid]time to gather and train/play as a group.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Droid]In comparison, Offaly have some powerful physical players, most notably the Doughans at full and centre back, however starting full back Cillian Kiely is out injured and as a third year intercounty minor, his absence robs the Offaly team of a lot of power – not to mention a long range freetaking threat. (He scored one free againstDublin from his own 45m line.)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Bull.

Shit.

They haven’t fired at all this year in the Championship, Kilkenny rolled them in a 5 minute period and the heads dropped. They beat Offaly last year and should beat them this year. They won all their challenge games which some say was no help as they could have done with a kick in the hole prior to going to Nowlan Park. They beat Offaly by over 30 points in a challenge game about a month ago, what help that will be tomorrow is anyones guess, but Laois should win this. Its the first full year of the Setanta lads at minor level and if they cant beat this Offaly outfit it will be a serious blow to all the work Critchley has put in over the past decade.

In other words, you agree with the post I copied and pasted from another forum. Gotcha.

What forum

Offaly GAA.

Well if it was written on the Internet then it must be true. I heard it was 700 training sessions and Critchley has them on growth promoters.

Growth promoters? Is Critchley a bit of a cunt?

You take that back, Critchley is a gentleman of the highest order.

Growth Promoters mbb, ffs.

FFS you didn’t swallow that did you :smiley:

Classic, you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the Internet either Har.

Classic o_O

150 meetings is hardly unheard of for an underage inter-county team MBB. Our Minor Hurlers did something similar the last two years.