Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

To be fair he has he is walking the walk so far anyway

Iā€™d have little time for him the way he got Mullane suspended that time but it canā€™t be a coincidence the way Offalys fortunes are rising with him at the top of the pyramid

1 Like

Will he have to leave that gig after 3 years he will?

It always takes Offaly to dethrone Dublin dynasties in Leinster. And so it will be again next year under John Maughan.

Heā€™ll have to have a word with Fat Pitz or Jaddy Poe.

Can you refresh my memory on that one Fagan?

Sir! Sir! John Mullane is after hitting Brian Murphy

4 Likes

Tis lucky it was on midweek

Seriously though, he deserves massive credit for sorting out the shitshow that was Offaly GAA.

Iā€™ve said it here before but unlike other bluffers like say, a Colm Oā€™Rourke, he rolled his sleeves up and got down and got his hands dirty. He risked a lot in doing so and deserves the credit he gets.

12 Likes

The rules have not changed in Cork. What happened in the past was more to do with the huge influence and power city clubs had. If they wanted a talented young fella from suburb clubs the request was put in and the smaller club did not object. The county board was run by the city clubs and everyone went along with it. That changed over time.
A club could/can object for up to two years after which time the divisional or county board can make a decision on granting the transfer. That is the deterrent now basically - youā€™ll have to wait two years while also having a case regarding address/proximity to new club.
Itā€™s a messy business for sure and every case has its own unique story. Iā€™ve seen transfer requests that were reasonable and others that were just poaching.

5 Likes

Thanks very much for that information. Much appreciated. I love knowing the situation in other counties ā€“ and there is no way of knowing it but for the sort of generosity and patience people have offered in this thread.

Was duignan or was he not taking paid media appearances whilst the county of which he is chairman had championship games elsewhere?

If I were an Offaly man Iā€™d be much happier Duignan was doing the work behind the scenes than turning up in the county tie pin on big championship days.

Itā€™s quite obvious heā€™s doing the former.

3 Likes

Do you want him to tog out? Thatā€™s a simple-minded enough stick to be beating him with imo.

6 Likes

Fucksake, youā€™ve guilted me into retracting the like I gave Flatty.

Tog out? No.

In fairness what does it matter what paid gigs he is doing if he is after turning around the counties fortunes.

No itā€™s not.

Ok, so the Offaly win today was wholly down to Michael Duignan
I stand corrected

3 Likes

Duignans an alright sort. I enjoyed his book Iā€™d say heā€™d be a good character to go for a pint with. As long as he isnā€™t looking to bate all around him.

He is on the job the guts of two years and there has been a massive upswing in Offalys fortunes this year. Iā€™d say he can take a lot of the credit for that.

3 Likes