Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Youā€™d want to have some stick up your hole not to give him the credit he deserves

How much did Lowery commit to pumping in?

I would say we will be lucky to win 5. It will be fascinating to watch the attempts at revisionism by the hysterical gobshites who have been predicting never ending Dublin dominance.

2 Likes

Lowry will more make himself available for any corporate promotions rather than directly pumping money in

2 Likes

I called it btw. Dublin would start throwing a few titles here and there to throw lads off the scent. Crafty. Very crafty.

Iā€™d agree with that.

In 6 or 7 years time the likes of Con and Howard will be like what TJ Reid and Richie Hogan are now, thrilled just to be winning Leinster medals.

I can see Kerry and Cork fighting it out for Sam for the next decade.

How is Duignan being chairman for 2 years reflected in this win ?? A few lads being very romantic I think ā€¦

1 Like

Richie didnā€™t look too thrilled with his Leinster medal last Saturday but I agree with your observation.

1 Like

I thought he was giving a percentage of his future winnings on a year by year basis.Maybe Iā€™m totally wrong on that and stand to be corrected.

(Itā€™s actually not a bad idea tho if you think about it)

He had a serious issue with a club near you a few years ago. I has to listed to a 20 minute rant off him on the phone over it. So for that reason Iā€™m out.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say plenty fellas sitting out the 96 weeks still

Didnā€™t that Dublin group lose to Wicklow three years back at Minor? Hardly a big shock win for Offaly.

I wouldnā€™t be overly gone on dubs manager Gray - seems very old school and slow to adapt to game changing in front of him. Not sure if he has picked the best dublin panel every year too.

9 or 10 of them played in the u20 all ireland final last year where they lost to Galway narrowly. Wicklow were decent too. Itā€™s a shock alright

1 Like

Offaly
Roscommon
Cork
Down/Monaghan

Quite a sea change at u20 level from senior.

Why does it happen, particularly in football?

Wouldnt Roscommon and Cork be there or thereabouts most years?

Would that be to do with a transfer, or because they didnā€™t genuflect in front of a Kilkenny photo?

Think Mike Ashley does most this sponsorship deals by performance incentives ā€¦itā€™s really focussed the mind of The Carkies

Would they? Cork maybe but Galway and Mayo seem to dominate the Connacht underage scene.