Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Serious team.

Chip collapsed against them. First half they looked very ordinary

Should be an enthralling game tomorrow night. Cork have the more balanced team, but Limerick have two absolute stars up front, and I donā€™t think Cork will contain them. Should be a cracker, but Iā€™d have Limerick as slight favourites

A coin-toss, I think, Could go any way.

Avoiding Joyce at 6 is the key for Limerick I wouldnā€™t be surprised if English and CON start on the wings and baby Heggo is put in CF to keep Joyce preoccupied as best he can and try and prevent him taking over the game, it would be a waste to put one of the big two in at 11 IMO.

2 Likes

We really needed that win tonight.

Conditioning issues still there but a good win considering the news the lads would have heard in the last 24 hours.

McGlynn clearly and understandably emotional in the post match interview.

7 Likes

I actually think Having Oā€™Neill at center forward would cause a right conundrum for Joyce. Cork cannot afford to leave CON free to roam, yet Joyce wonā€™t want to leave from anchoring the defence. Iā€™d nearly tell Joyce to just follow him out the field as heā€™s ridiculously accurate - Itā€™s possibly worth the risk of an open defense.

English will be extremely difficult to contain, as neither of the Cork half backs are natural defenders. We could badly do with a Millerick type player for this.

I think our forwards will have to do a fair of damage, as well as ensuring that the Limerick half back line donā€™t dominate. We all know about Coughlan, but Ryan and McEvoy in particular are excellent, physical hurlers.

I expect a big performance from Brian Oā€™Sullivan tomorrow night in midfield. Himself and other AI winners like Cahalane and Flynn were poor the last day. We wonā€™t win if theyā€™re as bad tomorrow night.

2 Likes

What news is that boss?

Connell Keane of the Beagh club, died yesterday.

He would of hurled with every one of those lads. Was on the minor panel in '18.

Awful. Your heart would be broken for the poor lads family.

21 Likes

1 Like

Are Kilbacenty and Beagh merged now at underage ? That brought me back to NoD and his death. R.I.P. to the young lad.

1 Like

Joyce underage next year aswell. Some talent.

1 Like

Your tune has changed on Joyce!

Wonā€™t be long before ye are a proper force in senior.

1 Like

It was @AlanHQ who doesā€™nt rate him.

1 Like

Ha I thought wmt didnā€™t sorry if I was wrong. Heā€™s very very good from what Iā€™ve seen of him.

Jesus he didnā€™t go the same way did he? Awful, young lads should be out hurling and enjoying life RIP

1 Like

I thought he was right on the age limit last December in the Munster meeting because he was so big and it was the opposite!, I was of the opinion that CON was clearly the standout player in the game on a far weaker side.

1 Like

Haha Iā€™m only jibing! Heā€™s a right good hurler. Be interesting to see o neill develop. I worry did he have it so easy on the way up is he going to get a little lost at senior hurling. Time will tell.

1 Like

So long as they donā€™t make a balls of it like Galway by having too many good players.