Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Corkies up to all sorts of mischief again the cute hoors.

1 Like

Can’t take any chances with this virus. Cork leading by example again.

Interestingly, I think if Cork seniors lose to Kilkenny, Barrett and Connolly would become available then for the 20s.

They would. Who knows, O’Leary’s injury might have cleared by 2 weeks time as well.

That’s it exactly.

1 Like

When and where was the game scheduled?

Dublin had to play KK in the senior. Cork shouldn’t be allowed dictate like this

2 Likes

It’s an AIF. By the letter of the law, they’re entitled to ask for a deferral

1 Like

One of the close contacts lined out tonight for Kanturk in the County Intermediate football final. LOL!!

2 Likes

None of the Dublin players actually got COVID to begin with, the 4 players were deemed close contacts of somebody outside the camp.

This is very different. There is actually a member of the Cork camp positive.

That’s not true. Ronan Hayes tested positive and the other 3 were deemed close contacts as they shared a car to training .

1 Like

Rules should not change just because it’s a final. That may sound harsh but it was harsh on Offally and Sligo last year, and Dublin this year.

1 Like

At the time, they were deemed close contacts. Nobody knew if those 4 players had COVID yet. It was also on the day of the game so not much could have been done about it.

Cork know for a fact that they have a positive player a week out from an All Ireland final. The circumstances are very different.

The Joker Popcorn GIF

I could be wrong, but I think the only allowance made for a Covid issue in the current GAA protocols is actually for an AI final, so Cork may have an out here. Not sure if that only applies to senior, but the game should be decided on the pitch.

1 Like

Your blowing shit here. Hayes tested positive on the Thursday before the match. There was a lot of panicking trying to establish whether the other 3 were close contacts before it was established that they were

They will 100 percent reschedule it but it sets a precedent going forward.

Fair enough I didn’t know that. It was reported on RTÉ among others that Dublin found out on the day of the game. I’ll trust your knowledge.

I still think the circumstances are different

1 Like

Its 6 days out from the game. Everyone can be tested,retested and re-retested between PCR and laterial flow. I assume all are close contacts because they shared a dressing room . Shouldn’t be that difficult to figure who’s out and who is free to play.

Whats the harm in delaying the final a week? Give everyone a fair chance to win and county championships still haven’t started so no effect on clubs

1 Like

Congratulations Galway.