Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Everyone has money except Galway.
All the refs are against Galway.
All the competitions are set up so Galway lose.
They never get a fair draw
The weather never suits them
The wind always changes at half time to go against them

How else would they lose 20 all ireland finals?

3 Likes

Richie Mulrooney was definitely there around 2009/10.

Seems to be there ever since.

Was over the 2010 winning side. Think he was over the 21s in 2012 and 2013 from what I recall.

1 Like

Echo are saying 20s final moved to Wednesday

Watched this game back.

Both these teams especially Galway are light years ahead of Waterford. Not saying they will beat Cork but it will be close.

Good battle tonight between Gaeroid Dunne (kk) and Michael Power (Galway).

The distance some of these young lads can strike the ball with size 31/32 hurleys at 16/17 years of age is mental.

4 Likes

That last point struck me too. The Galway free taker looked like he could hit it any distance

2 Likes

What size sliothar

Galway keeper had a bigger puck out than any senior keeper I’ve seen. He bombed a few down right on top of the Kilkenny full-back line. You’d wonder where lads will be scoring regularly from in 10 years time. Scores from inside your own half will probably be common place.

The size 5 I presume. The other ball is only used up to under 13.

1 Like

Couldn’t remember the cut off. Great striking. Damien Hayes used to point them from midfield at minor. But rarely at senior

We are close to reaching crisis point.

If you do a search there was dozens and dozens of posts about how fucked they were financially a few years ago. That PuC had bankrupted em. One intrepid Limerick fan tried to convince me the debt on the stadium was nearly 90m.

Hard to win all irelands and you broke

4 Likes

Where’s this red tide coming from? Success underage at every single grade and set to dominate for the next 10 years… That’s all just pot luck I suppose

Who said they were going to dominate for the next 10 years. Your a gullible young lad if you’re believing a bit of hype out of the echo.

Sure it must be pot luck and a good chairman. Making the most out of the small few quid we have. There were loads of experts on the cork gaa finances here not so long ago we might get a run down on where we are from one of them.

And Dáire O’Leary.ruled out. He’ll be a big loss.

1 Like

Ohhhh to beeee a trebbble

1 Like

I was nodding away in agreement with everything you wrote there. Except for the last line. Inexplicably, the wind, which was in Galway’s favour in the first half this evening, died away for the second half. It’s a sign of things to come.

Every time the Galway keeper took a puck out, it sounded like a gunshot.

All we’re missing is a nerd with a whiteboard.

Huge huge loss