Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Michael Duignan has done some job since he started running Offaly GAA. The guy is one of life’s winners.

2 Likes

Great to see Offaly win it, to think they only beat Wexford by a point

Offaly and Roscommon is probably as big a roaster pairing as you would get in a AI final.

The country going for Offaly & Roscommon the poor bastards have won naw-thing.

I’d say that offaly keeper will drink 16 pints of Guinness tonight

2 Likes

You’d have to say fair play to him. Plenty of lads talk the talk. He was prepared to walk the walk.

7 Likes

Didn’t Roscommon win an u21 a few years ago?

No beat in a few finals alright

1 Like

They won minor in 2006

1 Like

What’s important is Offaly follow this up in the next few years and focus on getting it together at senior level.

Delighted for Offaly.

Great tradition as a dual county.

2 Likes

Offaly are coming like a train. They’ve a great tradition of eking the most of our an All Ireland underage side, let’s see what they do with this. They’re set up to build and build. It’s admirable.

U20 All Ireland Hurling Final

Cork v Galway

7.30pm, Wednesday Aug 18, Semple Stadium

Minor All Ireland Hurling Final

Cork v Galway

7.15pm, Saturday Aug 21, Semple Stadium

3 Likes

@Turenne is gonna be lording it over the Mattie’s in a weeks time

2 Likes

Joyce starts at full back as expected.

A tough ask for this team tomorrow night with the COVID situation and the loss of O’Leary at full back. Such a huge loss on the edge of the square, but arguably having to lose Joyce’s presence at Centre back is an even bigger loss.

A tough ask, but they’ve stood up before. Huge game tomorrow night, delighted to get the chance to go to it.

2 Likes

Joyce on O Shea will be a good battle. It will be interesting to see how Cork counteract the Galway sweeper. Should be a good game.

I think a sweeper would suit Cork tbh with the loss of O’Leary. I watched Galway against Dublin and Kilkenny and I didn’t notice them playing a sweeper though? I could be wrong.

I do think Cork would be content for Galway to play one though, probably allowing Twomey free and he’s cool out on the ball, very good in the air also.

Pat Ryan’s clubman has been v poor all through but keeps starting. Some things in Cork never change.

1 Like

It was Kilkenny who played the sweeper against Galway in the first half and done it very poorly. They abandoned the plan just before halftime and very nearly won the game.