Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Dictionary Derek always maintained he used a “plus 1” with Waterford, however he had no issue laying out that Liam Cahill used a sweeper vs Tipperary in the recent QF. A nice well intentioned man but a bit of a bluffer.

4 Likes

You were way ahead of your time when you operated a sweeper at under 16 that time against Cappawhite when we dug out a famous 0-09 to 0-07 win.

2 Likes

As an aside, I saw three young but massive lads down in Blackrock the last day all in Galway mufti. I asked them what team they were on
“U20 hurling” one replied.
I told them a really enjoyed watching them in the telly over in tanland and wished them luck on weds.
My lass who was watching said “oh my dad, you are sooo embarrassing, as soon as you turned around they were all laughing at you”

14 Likes

Thats the way every side plays these days.

It was a nice thing to say, but shur, chaps :man_shrugging:

At senior IC with the exception of Tipp + KK it is pretty easy see who the sweeper/plus 1 is on most teams. However at under 20 and minor the overwhelming majority of teams don’t employ one.

Holy fucking Jesus Johnny murphy is the referee tonight

2 Likes

@fenwaypark your boys are in for two hells of a beating this week

5 Likes

Cork 1.78 on Betfair, thought they looked an exceptional 20s outfit against Limerick. So powerful. Should be a cracker.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Joyce looks like he is at 6

Is that Cahalane another of the Cahalane’s on the seniors? He looks a lot more stylish.

Stereotypically horrendous goalkeeping by the Galway man for the penalty there

1 Like

The best of them. A great bit of stuff

1 Like

Downey at 3.

That Sam Quirke is a fine hurler

2 Likes

Never on any development squad underage.

Galway second to everything.

Atta boy Jack

Johnny Murphy after swallowing the whistle, great to see

1 Like