Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

I agree Mac. The score was such a point that even if it woz an O’Neills football he pucked over the bar it should have registered as a point. This explanation doesn’t make sense to me at all. Okay we don’t know the detail of the technology but on a common sense level it doesn’t stack up.

Tassoti and his hindu house mate have hacked the shit outta hawk eye.

The players hurley was pulled out of his hand from what I saw. Not a “soft” free, just a clear free.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 820127, member: 183”]The most similar situation to this I can recall is the 1997 Ulster football final when Cavan beat Derry by a point, having been awarded a point in the first half that was clearly at least a foot wide.

There was no appeal then.

There have been others like Declan Ryan’s alleged point in the 1997 All-Ireland which was waved wide but that was a much more marginal call.

Nicholas English kicked a point with Tipp a point down against Cork in 1991 but it was given as a wide. Pat Fox’s subsequent point meant the mother of all controversies was partially avoided.

The worst ever was Kerry v Tipp in the 1999 Munster football championship when a Kerry player shot wide but caught the rebound off the stanchion and scored a goal.

Laois v Carlow in 1995 was replayed but the wide point in that was in the last minute.

Heartening to see that Tipp have been the victims of such incidents on several occasions by the way.[/quote]

what about the injustice visited upon Louth v Meath in the dying seconds of a Leinster final. Hard to see how Limerick could be granted a replay when there was no comeback for Louth.

I am not too sure if the next point has been made here already. If the GAA &\or Hawk eye has figured out by ht that Hawkeye fucked up surely the ref should have been informed at ht to give Limerick the point and the teams\spectators advised of the amendment?

That would be far too straight forward for the GAA to do!

I suppose so WYT!!

Both teams should appeal all the frees the ref didn’t give over the course of the game.

I should also appeal the point that I definitely scored in an u12s blitz against barna in 1999 that was hand on heart between the posts but the umpire who’s son was playing against us didn’t give.

No self respecting person would genuinely expect a replay under the circumstances here

[quote=“Wristy, post: 820534, member: 1156”]Both teams should appeal all the frees the ref didn’t give over the course of the game.

I should also appeal the point that I definitely scored in an u12s blitz against barna in 1999 that was hand on heart between the posts but the umpire who’s son was playing against us didn’t give.[/quote]

Did you score all the points for your team in that U12 blitz?

That would be a pretty remarkable achievement Bandage in fairness.

Hollywood star Tom Hanks was so engrossed in last Sunday’s All-Ireland MHC semi-final that he delayed his flight out of Shannon Airport!
The Oscar winning actor, who has starred in hit movies such as Sleepless in Seattle, Big, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and Philadelphia, touched down in Shannon for a fuel stop en route to Greece from the US before sitting down to watch the hurling with his sons in the airport’s Sheridan Bar.
Shannon Airport Duty Manager Carmel Donnellan explained in the Irish Daily Star: "They were only here for a brief stop, but they were enjoying watching the minor match on TV so much that they delayed their departure to take in the end of the game.
“Tom and his sons were in the bar having a drink and he was explaining hurling to them and said ‘this is the game I’ve been telling you about’. His sons seemed to be enjoying the game and then his daughter and wife came over.”
She continued: "He could have gone to the VIP room, but he just stayed there in the Sheridan Bar with his family, watching the match the same as everyone. He must have a gra for Galway as well as he wanted them to win the minor.
“There was plenty of Limerick staff around, but we weren’t going to challenge him on that!”
Wonder what Tom made of the Hawk-Eye debacle…

Chewy, do you get the limerick leader every week?

The above was taken from Hoganstand, pal.

Third article here
http://www.hoganstand.com/Clare/

Chewy is obsessed with all things Limerick,I have started to take it as a compliment lately myself!

Best of luck to Waterford today.

Tv3 are muck.

Watch for Conor Whelan today. A dangerous LHOT forward.

Galway beginning to play a bit now, lovely scores from Dolan and Whelan:clap:

Adrian Morrissey with an absolutely beauty from the sideline:clap:

Some lovely scores here.

Yeah, Limerick would have been well out of their depth today