Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

+1. No need for that.

Disappointed the minors didn’t close out the game, plenty of chances. Some excellebt prospects from the team though, the two Lynchs, Cosgrave, Dempsey and Coleman especially.

Going out of their way to be seen as good losers.

Comes naturally to them I suppose.

Hear hear, that’s SLR stuff.

[quote=“Appendage, post: 819955, member: 11”]Going out of their way to be seen as good losers.

Comes naturally to them I suppose.[/quote]

You’re being very mean-spirited. It’s @twiceasnice97 type behaviour and very unbecoming of you.

Hawkeye at the hill end was on football mode, not hurling. The technology works, human error. A replay is on the way.

Fairly basic flaw in the system that one of them can be set to football, while all others are set to hurling. You’d imagine it’d be fairly simple to have a warning go off if that was the case.

As regards the appeal, they should just let it go, shit happens.

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 820082, member: 332”]Fairly basic flaw in the system that one of them can be set to football, while all others are set to hurling. You’d imagine it’d be fairly simple to have a warning go off if that was the case.

As regards the appeal, they should just let it go, shit happens.[/quote]

Agreed. Limerick threw that match away, tho that cunt of a ref didn’t help.

Let them off. If they get let back in and somehow end up winning the AI they will be built up as legends and all be gone before the age of 20.

Limerick should definitely appeal the decision. Technology is being used to prevent this exact situation from happening. It failed, and the right thing to do is to give them a replay.

If they had lost by a point I would say they deserve a replay. They had their chances in ET and couldn’t take them.

Surely the system should be able to tell whether the ball went through the posts or not irrespective of whether the settings were set to hurling or football. Ridiculous stuff. I understand @farmerinthecity believes this wouldn’t have happened if BT Sport were broadcasting the game.

The point though is that they won the game in normal time. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Its a bit cringeworthy and they were well beaten in extra time but fuck it if they won the game then there’s plenty of time left, replay it. I also felt the ref rode limerick by letting the Galway half back line away with murder, especially on lynch.

If it was the last score of the game or even in thr last 5 minutes id say definitely replay it but it was so early you cant really say limerick would have won only for it, Galway would have known the margin to come back from and had all game. Youd have to say limerick did get justice with the soft free to draw it and the better team won out.

Both got soft frees in the last few minutes to be fair

A terrible ref. He certainly rode Limerick more I felt.

That was my thought too. Its a simple process, the ball went either side of a virtual line. What difference does it make if its a sliothar or football? Sounds like a cop out of an answer to me.

whats this?

Something you’d have never seen in NUIM

They did but limericks one actually decided the outcome in normal time. He was clearly trying to make a draw out of it.

The most similar situation to this I can recall is the 1997 Ulster football final when Cavan beat Derry by a point, having been awarded a point in the first half that was clearly at least a foot wide.

There was no appeal then.

There have been others like Declan Ryan’s alleged point in the 1997 All-Ireland which was waved wide but that was a much more marginal call.

Nicholas English kicked a point with Tipp a point down against Cork in 1991 but it was given as a wide. Pat Fox’s subsequent point meant the mother of all controversies was partially avoided.

The worst ever was Kerry v Tipp in the 1999 Munster football championship when a Kerry player shot wide but caught the rebound off the stanchion and scored a goal.

Laois v Carlow in 1995 was replayed but the wide point in that was in the last minute.

Heartening to see that Tipp have been the victims of such incidents on several occasions by the way.