Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Unbelievable that Blackrock from Cork haven’t got near winning the Feile despite winning Cork 7 out of 8 years. They also manage to lose most of them by Minor.

They were in the same group as O Loughlin Gaels, lost by two points, KK team won every other game by 15 points +. Beat Taghmon/Camross 2-12 to 0-01 in semi final.

I was up there this morning.

Ya, Na Piarsaigh from Limerick are in the final, the beat Kilmacud in the QF, not sure they played in the semi.

Saw Taghmon/Camross playing, they were a fine big side but not surprised they got beat in the semi. They were carrying too many players.

Na Piarsaigh should hopefully put it right up to O’Loughlin Gaels tomorrow, I saw them hurling last month and they looked a good side. Have the majority of last years team underage.

There seems to be a lot of good work going on there with Na Piarsigh and Ard Scoil Ris? A lot of those lads would be Ard Scoil Ris students I presume? Would it be fair to say there is a mini revival of hurling going on in Limerick City?

That was similar with my club. We won feiles in 94 and 96.
Neither of those teams won the county minor when the time came. Our club won all round them U-14 and U-16. Couldn’t get near a minor county title for over a decade. 1 minor title in 18 years. It’s the nature of urban teams I reckon.

Up the DĂŠise !

Some game… Delighted i skipped the Oaks for that…

Ard Scoil would be in the Na Piarsaigh catchment area alright (or at least very close to it). To be honest I don’t know if there is a mini-revival, most of Na Piarsaighs success would be purely down to the promotion and development they do within the club themselves. They have some very good men involved with them at the moment. The “Lifting The Treaty Plan” (county underage development plan) would be entering it’s 3rd year now so maybe we are starting to see the benefits from that.

They are losing alot to rugby, have become a kind of middle class club. The politics down there really don’t help either. They did win one Minor alright. I think they have coaches at every age and they stay at the age, maybe thats coming against them. Kids like stability and having the same coach for a few years at least.

The Nemo template is definitely the one to go for IMO. Having said that the likes of Kilmacud seem to have goo retention and remain successful.

To be fair Runt, Monaleen did the double at U-14 last year so there is signs of revival in the city. Its significant that its not in the “traditional” clubs like Claughan and South Liberites. Those clubs have taken so much for granted down the years they deserve every misfortune they get now.

…christ.

Would you like to debate Turenne, or are you gonna just hide again.

…debate what? Your nonsense about middle class clubs is so unproven and shallow that I can’t offer a rebuke.

I’m talking about Blackrock, nobody else, feel free to prove me wrong. The demographics of their club has changed dramatically in recent years due to a building surge. A very large group of their players also now attend the 3 main fee paying schools in Cork and they are unable to hold onto them for one reason or another after 16/17.

O’Loughlin Gaels beat Na Piarsaigh 3-6 to 0-4

I can’t prove you wrong when you haven’t proven anything yourself. Hard to rebuke a largely non-seniscal argument that revolves a recent building explosion (something that has effected the vast majority of clubs in this county) in the area. I doubt have an increasing pick is actually hurting them.

on holidays in italy for two weeks and i am my own boss so i had a heap of work to do when i got back. that and the bizarre tossers bandage and his equals ranting about obsessions with hurling and insinuating i am a paedo of some type is a tad off putting.

(all of this while he is sitting in a room somewhere in a string vest and a pair of celtic socks scratching his balls and sniffing neil lennons jock strap he pulled out of a bin to try to keep in touch with celtic for the summer ironically)

short of going down to blackrock and interrogating the young lads about what their parents do for a living how would he go about doing that?

:smiley:

Welcome back mate. Did you meet anyone on holidays from Ireland that mentioned the name of a talented young hurler that you can now mention on the internet to appear in the know?

Indeed. You’d swear prosperity is limited to the odd few areas of Cork City, the rest of us so poverty stricken that we having nothing better to do then play and follow hurling every night.