Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

The demographics (they have far less lads from the village these days for instance and many more kids who go to the big rugby playing fee schools for example) have changed lads, thats not related to population alone, but look ye havenā€™t a notion or understanding about what iā€™m on about so lets leave it. Its just a simple fact that they are losing massive numbers of good players.

whats with this mate stuff. have you totally shifted over to being a brit at this point. how can you afford the time out from poring over the back pages of the tabloids swallowing whatever drivel the celtic corporation pr department puts out about transfers to keep you interested before buying two 18 year olds from aberdeen, a forty year old former continental star for headlines and five mid twenty has beens from preston, cardiff and bolton and coming first or second in a two horse race.

surely even slow learners like yourself must be getting tired of the north britain league at this stage

you absolute spanner. you have been challenged about your broad sweeping statements about blackrock and here you go again with more of them. are you trying to say that blackrock have a bigger problem with this than other city clubs like na piarsaigh glen rovers erins own etc. am i mistaken in thinking that douglas have made huge strides recently at senior level. i haven`t noticed a ton of soup kitchens out that way recently.

I gave specifics you moron, i have an idea of the issues they are having, my original question was related to their 14ā€™s. I wasnā€™t asking you anything by the way.

The problems the Glen and Piarsaigh would have would vary greatly from Douglas or Blackrock. Douglas have less problems as they donā€™t tolerate other sports from a young age.

But fuck it, iā€™m not discussing this with some muck shite from Clare anymore.

How good is this Stephen Bennett lad from Waterford, only 15 and has two more years at grade.

Have a look at the highlights on TG4 tonight.

His 3rd goal was as good as anything you will ever see. Super touch, a bit of pace, and strong. Looks the part so far anyway.

I am led to belive though that Clare are serious at this grade, and have hammered everybody in challenges so far this year. Great for the DĆ©ise though, both senior and minor teams in Munster final action 3 years in a row now.

what size of a lad is he & what club is he from?

Supopse he is not far off 6ft (plays for St Carthages, which is Lismore & Ballysaggert underage club), and is quiet srtong for his age. Athletic type, as opposed to a big mullocker who can stand out at underage.

Waterford showed some serious spells of hurling on Sat night, but fair play to limerick for coming back. It is amazing what a bit of momentum can do at minor level.

Limerick have a few nice lads coming along. Jack Aherne in the corner was very good, being marked one of our best young hopes. Carmody was very good as well, as were the two midfielderd. Shane Dowling had a great second half but ran out of steam and went off after cramping up in both legs.

Limerick were very strong physically, and numbers 3, 8, 9, 11 and 14 were big enough to be senior hurlers. The ref left a serious amount of sledging go in the second half and this helped limerick, both there second half goals were after fould on the full back. Waterford are smaller, but seemed to have more hurling, and all the Waterford subs made an impact, Limericks subs struggled.

Jake Dillon at 11 and Stephen Bennet at 14 were the star turns for waterford on the night, but Shane McNulty (midfield) and Aherne (fullback) were also super.

Looking forward to the final, and I am predicting that Waterford and Clare will also meet in the All Ireland final.

Is there a back door route for Limerick?

There was a motion before congress earlier in the year to form a shield competion for teams defeated before the provinial deciders to take part in so that they would get more games in mid summer but it was rejected and received very little support

the county minors cause unknown trouble for clubs and boards in relation to fixtures, never going to get through.

i was told by a limerick man that the waterford corner forwards looked very pacy. should make for a great contest in the final as clares corner backs are also very quick.
re making the all ireland thats a brave statement. galway have a strong outfit by the look of it and both dublin and kilkenny will have something to say about it as well.

Post of the year right there.

Christ. :lol:

Any Galway men tell you anything about how their boys are shaping up?

Post of the year is right. :lol:

How do they compare to last yearā€™s team HB? Ye possibly should have been in last yearā€™s AI final but Galway seemed to physically dominate in a few key positions. Ye certainly wouldnā€™t have rolled over like Galway did when they met KK. Should be a good Munster final anyway. Clare were below par against Tipp the other night but hopefully it was just the lack of championship action. Great to see the cup going to Waterford or Clare for the third year in succession anyway.

Overall this team are stronger than last year in terms of having 22 good players, but like last year they lack a physical edge. But the physical side doesnt bother me as i am far happier that we are producing pure hurlers over mullockers. Limerick bullied waterford in the physical stakes, but Waterford had the better hurlers.

We should be better for munster final this year, as we only had 3 days between semi and final last year. Gavin OBrien will be closer to fill fitness, as will cathal curran, donie breathnach and ian kenny, who are 3 of our better hurlers but gavent started yet due to injuries.

Saying that Clare are prob better than last year as well, their midfield pairing looked awesome on TG4 this evening.

Bennett looks a real class act for Waterford, as does Carmody for Limerick. Limerick have some nice, but small forwards. Waterford very skillful around the middle.

Really donā€™t know what ye were on about Limerick being mullockers and being a big team, the No.9 was huge and seemed to be lacking a bit of hurling, but thats it really. The teams were evenly matched from what i saw.

I dint say Limerick were mullockers, but they certainly were a much bigger team. 3, 8, 9, 11 & 14 were like big senior hurlers. Saying that carmody and jack ahearne were their too lightest hurlers and also the best two. But Kev, I was in Walsh Park, you saw 10 minutes of highlights on TG4, you will have to take my word.

Well said Blaa.

Your a good man for the Waterford hyperlobe hang anyway, iā€™ll give you that. It was a good goal, but iā€™d suggest Darach Honan has 5 exactly like it from the last 3-4 years. Heā€™s a serious looking prospect though, Joe Canning like at that age. And certainly streets ahead of the 15 year olds weā€™re putting on Minor teams.

I donā€™t have to be there to look at the 2 teams, there was plenty in the highlights to make out they were similar in size. What i could not make out really though from that bit is the skill level as you donā€™t see the mistakes really, although it did look somewhat like you said, Waterford were that bit sharper.

Turenne, FOAD you spineless fuck.