Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

One from Drom and Inch, one from Kildangan and not sure about the last one (a sub who came on, got a yellow and then a minute later got a straight red)

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 939140, member: 1517”]No.

They just ain’t up to it this year Albert.[/QUOTE]
Have they tried beating tyres with hurleys?

First cut silage is a coming, tyres are scarce.

No the dual lads were the best lads just like last year. Just a poor team this year

Todays results.

Kilkenny 3-22 Carlow 0-07

Wexford 0-18 Biffos 1-09.

Donegal 1-10 Derry 0-8

My All-Ireland favourites have cleared the first hurdle.

Donegal v Kerry is my long-range final prediction for this year.

Armagh 1-13 Cavan 0-6

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 949123, member: 2660”]Donegal 1-10 Derry 0-8

My All-Ireland favourites have cleared the first hurdle.

Donegal v Kerry is my long-range final prediction for this year.[/QUOTE]

It is a year for the big boys in football. Dublin, Cork & Kerry all very strong based on games I have seen. None of the lower ranks coming through although Longford & Offaly were both decent.

yeah I’d expect them to be up there alright too. Although I think Tyrone could go well in Ulster. If Dublin get past Offaly, which I think they will, then they will win Leinster. I dont think Kildare are great this year at all, although I think they will overcome Laois in the other semi.

Monaghan beat Tyrone by a point (3-8 to 0-16) in the Ulster MFC

Dublin v Kilkenny in the Leinster minor hurling final.

That will be Conor McKenna off to Australia so.

After the battering they gave our lads in April I would fear a proper mauling in this one.

I predict Kilkenny will score at least 0-04 in the Leinster final.

Kilkenny average but still have enough nous to win games like today. An absolutely excellent free taker and far cleverer on the reading ball, an obvious tactic to bat and real throughout the game and Laois never cottoned on to it at all. A shame for Laois but Kilkenny were deserving winners, we just couldn’t create a goal chance of note sadly.

disappointing loss for Wexford to Dublin. They were 2 points up appraently nearing full time but Dublin finished with the last 3 points and scored with last puck of the game. Especially now that those Kilkenny cunts got to the final and will also be in the AI series too now.

That is a decent Monaghan minor team too and not surprised that they turned over Tyrone. They have some really good players in that side and are very well prepared.

He’s a good free taker and he can also score from play. They are very dependent on him for scores

Name and club?

A

Alan Murphy, Glenmore. Eoin Murphy’s brother. Excellent player

[QUOTE=“Midshipman Asha, post: 967917, member: 1508”]A

Alan Murphy, Glenmore. Eoin Murphy’s brother. Excellent player[/QUOTE]

Sharpshooter for the Combined Wexford Colleges team this season. That will have been important for his hurling education.