Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Thats the thing, between the Minor U21 and Senior it had been a positive year for Westmeath in hurling, but you feel that its solely down to a few bucks and fuck all to do with the CB when you see things like this being done.

:smile:

Sounds like some army unit losing their flag

Off the Ball still covering the big stories I see

1 Like

Did they miss out on covering something they should have been covering?

They had a cringe worthy LVG segment where they laughed at his pronunciation of players. It was so funny.

No idea mate, haven’t listened to it in donkey’s due to it been shit at the time I turned off.

If I’m missing out on discussions about Westmeath minor jersies going missing, I can’t see myself returning any time soon either.

Regards to Woolie

Back in the late 70s early 80s a cash strapped IRFU issued an edict that any player swapping a jersey after an international would have to replace it.

I know of a chap in Dublin who was black balled from county hurling for taking a jersey. Back before you could buy them any where he wanted to drape his new born son in the county colors.

minor players getting expenses? crazy shit. didnt Westmeath have a similar situation a year or 2 ago over jerseys as well? It may have been U21?

edit, and didnt their minor team the same year get thrown out of a competition for robbing jerseys from another dressing room? They like their jerseys in Westmeath.

I know in Wexford that once the minor team exit championship, the jerseys stay with the player wearing them. This causes massive hassle then for extended panel members, as purchasing an extra 6 or 7 jerseys is too costly.

Minors getting expenses? wtf???

Wouldn’t have much involvement in minor etc but would expenses not possibly refer to Physio/Doc bills and traveling some may have had to do due to being away, ie boarding school, college even in some cases?

could well be, but the way it is written sounds like they are all on expenses. Most expenses a minor would have would be fairly one off things, and not a continuation of months of expenses as being made out there. Maybe they do it different? I know at one stage the Laois footballers had a bus ferrying players to and from training sessions.

Wexford are supposed to have a centralised physio system, but with the physio based in Gorey, it kinda makes the whole thing utterly pointless. So most of the physio is done themselves and expenses put in. Would be waiting a lot longer than 2 months too to be paid. Most of the minors generally just use the physio that would be at the training sessions and it covers 90% of the issues they would have.

Galway beat Sligo 4-12 to 1-8 in Connacht final replay this evening

Yarn of the year in the bag Fagan :clap:

Do they not get expenses in Limerick? They certainly do in Tipp or definitely did as of a few years ago anyway

What do they get only physio etc?

Travelling expenses as well the last I heard. Then hurleys and physio as well

All reasonable.

Ya very reasonable. In fairness the county board are good at looking after the county players

Shite end to a shite week for us. Doubt I’ll ever see us win a provincial title Minor or U21, had enough chances and blown every one of them.

All Ireland Minor Football QF (FT)
Tipperary 1-10 Galway 0-06