Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

• 1 couldnā€™t see too much wrong with it.
    All the one anyway. Kerry shit their pants at the sight of the blue and gold of Tipperary, weā€™ve a serious psychological edge on them in minor and u21. Weā€™ll beat them a score a man in the AI.

Foley is a tasty footballer.

Superb reffing there, hopefully the ref in the senior game will be as wide to the filthy dark arts these Ulster teams practice.

+1

Top notch reffing. That ref should be put in a breeding program.

He got the disallowed goal decision right too. Definite push by the Derry forward.

Yellow card rather than a black card offence for sure. Thatā€™s not what the black card was brought in for.

Ya not sure why it didnā€™t get allowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5XdbyGcc3w&list=PLJ_uimrnqzt09olAwRW9OZYx2haEYENaC

Anyone know if and when the double was ever done at minor level?

Cork and Dublin have done it. Doubt itā€™s ever been done with so many dual players

Dublin 83?

Galway won the hurling v Dublin that year. Fairly sure Anthony Cunningham and Niall Quinn were playing. My first All Ireland

Was at that match and cant remember it

Same here. I was only 5. slept through the senior.

I was there, vague memory.

Tipp did it in 1934, Cork have done it twice 1967 & 1969, Dublin have done it twice also 1945 & 1954

1 Like

Nothing against those teams, but maybe, and maybe, the Cork one in 69 might be relevant. Given the ramshackle nature of competitions pre 80ā€™s, its hard to properly weigh any All Ireland from there back. Nothing in the minor ranks would compare to this if Tipperary manage it.

And then ye go and plan to give Tommy fucking Carr the football job and make a shite of any hope of progression they haveā€¦

If Tommy Carr gets that job iā€™M never talking to a Tipperary man again till heā€™s gone.

One of the Cork candidates may suit it. Ronan Mac proba ly best but he wouldnā€™t do the travel youā€™d imagine.

I would almost sadistically like it if Cleary told Cork get fucked and went and brought success to Tipp.

Tommy Carr was ousted from a minor football gig in Westmeath, and yet here he is about to get another senior appointment to a team on the rise.

Its unreal, much like how he continues to get gigs in RTƉ, thereā€™s some bluffers out there that can talk enough shit to get their foot in any door.

1 Like