Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Ya a couple of excellent players and especially think Gleeson has it.
Doesn’t make them a great team though.

Lol. Classic Gaa refereeing.

It was clearly steps

I have seen them twice now.

Slipping away big time from Dublin now. Need to launch a couple of high ones in on Considine. Haven’t used him enough.

That’ll do it, Dublin don’t look like scoring at all now, let alone goals.

Jimmy Keaveney coming on for Dublin.

Very low standard here, Galway will win with ease in the final.

Dublin faded terribly in the last quarter of that.

That was some feeble effort from the Dub in the white helmet for their last attack. Had two better placed men to pass to and produced that instead.

Would agree with kev that it’s not an outstanding Tipp minor team. I would consider Nolan and Brian McGrath as definite future Tipp seniors and then there’s another few that could go either way like Peters, Gleeson, Fairbrother, Darcy, maybe a few more. To be fair their captain Quirke is injured and also Shane Hennessy who is an absolute star but has had massive injury problems in recent years

The Dublin lot any good?

Very poor minor game here, conditions certainly having an impact on the game with the ball skidding away on the wet surface.

Kerry look the better team, Derry look to be hugely reliant on Glass who looks the best player on the pitch by a mile and have a couple of dangerous inside forwards.

Kerry lead by 0-06 to 0-03.

Flukey goal for an Doire.
Game tied up now.

Have to feel a bit sorry for the Kerry 'keeper there. Long high ball in and he let it slip in over his head.

Kerry reply with a goal of their own. They lead 1-08 to 1-04. 38:15 on the clock.

Nice team goal from an Chiarrai

The Derry no. 2 has been fantastic.

Interesting black card there. It was a cynical pull down and I think the ref may just have been right.
Would be good to see that out of the game. Unfortunately we’ll still have moron refs like Marty Duffy who will be hoodwinked by anyone

1 Like

I thought it was a ridiculous black card initially but on the replay it appears the ref got it spot on. Definitely pulled the arm of the defender to make it look as if he was pulled down.

Good reffing.

1 Like

Think that goal could have stood.

1 Like