Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Even people in kerry wouldn’t say a class act. An extremely difficult person by all accounts.

But that doesn’t stop him being an excellent manager and you are right it’s a remarkable body of work.

Have you eaten today buddy ?
I can lodge the price of a hostel and a warm dinner in your account. Do you have a bank account ?

1 Like

huh? what was the score?

edit: just googled it…jesus…seeth away pal, the ref was clearly the difference in such a tight game

1 Like

Not seething at all buddy.
Sure we went in very very lowly underdogs.
Same as ye in the senior hurling, but we didn’t get excited and plan victory comings and the like …
We have a presence in Croke pk on final day almost every year in one of the codes.
So we take it all in our stride.
Look it. You wouldn’t understand so I won’t try to explain.

a presence is all ye had this year im afraid, three final losses and easily handled in all three and by us. last year was our first since 1996 i think with no team in an all ireland final, so hows that for presence? the blaming of the ref, again, is hilarious. i understand you dont speak for all tipp fans just the unhinged minority

Ok buddy.
Didn’t take you long to wiki that. Well done.

Kerry 2-21 Waterford 1-2 in Fraher Field. Official attendance 478.

Kilkennyesque.

Cork 1-14 Tipperary 1-11.

Cork led 1-10 to 0-06 10 mins into the second half, Tipperary got it back to 1-11 apiece before Cork got the last 3 scores.

It’s only football

What were tipp expected to be like?
Thats a completely new Cork team, only 1 panel member from last year.

Tipp had one from the team that started last year’s AI Final and another who came on as sub. No dual players this year.
Read somewhere yesterday that Cork were 1/10 to win.

1 Like

What was the split like from hurling and football? As in where did the dual lads go?

Not 100% certain but Brian McGrath chose the hurling.

Looking at the panelist & their clubs its Football strong clubs they are picking from.

12 from the South on the team I believe.

This was the starting 15.

1. Jack Dolan – Fethard
  2. Jack Harney – Moyle Rovers
  3. Paudie Feehan – Killenaule
  4. Jake Flannery – Galtee Rovers
  5. Colin English – Fr. Sheehy’s
  6. Daire Brennan – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
  7. Stephen Nolan – Drom & Inch
  8. Conor Cashman – Cahir
  9. Ben Hyland – Fr. Sheehy’s
  10. Ryan Lambe – Clonmel Commercials
  11. Calvin Bolan – Clonmel Commercials
  12. Daire Egan – Galtee Rovers
  13. John Lyons – Grangemockler-Ballyneale
  14. Michael Barlow – Ardfinnan
  15. Adrian English – Ballyporeen

Not a Maher between them…

Nolan the only hurler?

Feehan surely hurls with Killenaule too.

Splitting the hurling/football has essentially shut up shop to North based lads playing football for Tipp. Pity in a way.

How did Calvin Bolan go @carryharry. With a name like that he’d be a winner on Judge Judy or 1 of those.

1 Like