Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

the offaly crowd are great, twould be a dull enough atmosphere only for em

Yeah, an obnoxious bunch. Still an underage game ffs.

I was shouting for them but I wouldn’t mind seeing a battering in the AI final at the same time - don’t think it will happen in any case.

As talented and all as Screeney obviously is I think Offaly will get a few better Senior players off the side other than him

Brecon Kavanagh
Donal Shirley
Dan Burke
Shane Rigney

4 lads that will make excellent Senior hurlers.

4 Likes

This Offaly U20 team is an exceptionally likeable outfit. The manner in which they turned, during the second quarter, an 0-5 to 0-2 deficit into a 1-7 to 0-7 lead was outstanding.

2 Likes

They’ve a gale behind them second half. Hard to see it going against them

1 Like

Dublin should be kicking themselves. Were totally in control with the wind and kept playing extra unnecessary passes.

Fuck all likeable about biffs…cunts to a man!

We were going well until the goal. Offaly took over then. They will have strong wind in second half too. Ref spooked by offaly crowd. We don’t seem to be getting frees near as easy

agreed - ref is spooked

Not at all. My second favourite hurling county.

You’re right but you were never going to with the crowd.

Not sure how Rigney ended up with the ball in his hand for the goal.

Edit - just showed it now.

Playing agin the breeze might suit the Dubs a bit, they’ll have no choice but to carry the ball a bit further and that’s probably their strength. To me it looked like they didn’t have the accurate shooters from distance to take advantage of the breeze. Offaly might though…

2 Likes

Rigney the difference of the half in the space of 30 seconds buries a goal then sprints down the other end tracking gets a vital hook in when a Dubs goal was on, unreal.

He’s excellent. As is Burke. Some engines.

They are their own second favourites too after Kilkenny

All to play for . A few of Dublin forwards have the beating of their men so hopefully they’ll keep taking them on

Wit has gone the way of Senior All Irelands in Cork…

Id say that HF line could tee off here with the wind to come.