Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Joyce is the centre back the seniors are crying out for. He is Ronan Curran mark 2. Ben O Connor is class aswell.

Joyce has zero pace. Eaten alive by one of the Walsh’s from Kanturk in a minor match for his club last yr. 4-3 or something he ended up scoring.

Ah here.

what?

If really believe that , pack in watching hurling. The kid is a star. Centre back on winning harty cup team when in TY. Centre back on winning all ireland u20 team while underage again next year. Zero pace @Turenne

1 Like

I watch all the hurling I’ll want thx. Dont rate that lad at all. No athleticism for the higher level IMO.

Christ above. Bookmark that.

3 Likes

aye, Redmonds city centre, pitch up at the airport which I think they own?

did Redmonds go defunct last year? couldnt field a single team?

Still around for another while. But only a matter of time.

They had problems with other teams training on their field on the sly during lockdown

It’s very sad to see the jocker Clare hurling people have allowed develop on their watch.

Exackly…serial underperfomers

1 Like

I think they were cork senior hurling champions a few times over a century ago?

A mate of mine used puck ball with them a decade or so ago and if one was down in cork to see him , you d get a gallop with the Redmonds!

I think they have a club house ( pub) in the city centre and a pitch( airport) but now on the verge of no team

Correct. Club house is on tower st off barrack St.

It’s gone now

There club house was up for sale precovid. Remonds must have polical origins. Charlie Mc played with them in his youth, his father won county seniors with them. They fielded underage upto the 90s I say. The whole area around UCC/South parish is all flats, professionals, retirees. They’ve nothing to build a club with.

A number of the smaller city clubs are just hanging on. Delanys went from senior hurling to Junior B in 15 years and haven’t fielded an underage hurling side in a decade.

what part of the city are delaneys?

Lough rovers still alive??

Delaneys are based on Dublin Hill in Blackpool IIRC, a few hundred yards up the road from Glen Rovers I think.

Dr Con started out with The Lee’s before they were disbanded.

A Collegian ever since.

Blackpool is an absolute shithole these days. Dangerous at night, drug riddled. Delaneys have nothing to pick from.

1 Like