Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Champioship Thread 2013

Presumably Ritcie McCarthy. He had a reasonable 2012 but you always get the feeling he is close to doing something very costly in a game. He is entitled to retain the position on this years form alright but i have my doubts about him.

Richie Mc, he took massive criticism early on but had a great season. There are one or two other options but by the end of the year Richie owned the 3 jersey.

I was one of the doubters the start of the year but he improved as the season went on and will get better with more games.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 729116”]
Richie Mc, he took massive criticism early on but had a great season. There are one or two other options but by the end of the year Richie owned the 3 jersey.

I was one of the doubters the start of the year but he improved as the season went on and will get better with more games.[/quote]would prefer to see condon there and hickey in the corner

Jog on fucknuts

I wouldn’t fear any of Waterford Clare and Limerick were well able to beat them and were always well capable of beating Tipp on their day.Anyway mark my words on this Cork will win an all ireland again by 2020.We are Cork after all and the hurlers will always be there!

You can say what you like but the proc posters never went down the road of abusing players with racist and homophobic comments.Like i said on An Fear Rua all the racist and homophobic abuse aimed at Sean Og and Donal Og was gleefully tolerated by the vast majority of posters.So don’t lecture me or any of the users on that site about morals.

Anyway Limerick and Clare are developing teams and i respect Glasagusbans point that they possibly have more scope for improvement than Cork.Despite Cork’s lack of underage success that was more to do with bad management and bad organisation by a petty and agenda driven county board than a lack of talent.I would be hopeful of a munster title and a competitive all ireland semi final performance at the very least.Waterford have been in decline since 07 and their fucked good for the next decade.Tipp will win the all ireland.Can Galway put two good seasons back to back and despite what people say Kilkenny are beatable if the reffs actually apply the rules of hurling.

You seem very sure about tipp, can you name their side?

Tipp went off the boil because Declan Ryan was a crap manager.Eamonn O’Shea will get Tipp back on track again.

That’s not what I asked

I only pay attention to the Cork panel which brings me to this question?Where do you see Cork lacking in?I suppose the forwards need to improve their physicality for a start.

The forwards need improvement, as does midfield and half back lines, especially considering ye’ve lost SĂ©an Óg, Gardiner and Sweetnam from last year and the potential replacements have been slow to step up and own some of the jerseys vacated by the old guard. Cadogan still doesn’t convince as a hurler at CB. Don’t get me wrong ye were a good side last year but I’m not convinced there is a big improvement to come this year.

I’d like to hear it too :strokechin:

Cork won’t improve, as I’ve said we over-achieved last year and we’ve lost our best young prospect in Sweetnam. Joyce will be the new 6 with Cadogan half-back and one of Egan/Kenny in the final spot. Midfield will be McLoughlin/Kearney. Not an inspiring group of players - Kearney is the only one of them effective at using the ball, and none of our half-backs are much good in the air.

On top of that, the new players that are being brought in - Micheal Cussen, Peter O’Brien, Adrian Mannix - aren’t much more then decent club hurlers, so the squad is definitely going to be weakened overall.

Turenne is there any chance aidan Walsh would play hurling ?

in an earlier post u said cork on their day can always beat Tipp. Yet with manager u say was crap cork still couldnt beat them the last 2 years!!

Ah yeah but it wasn’t “on their day”! :smiley:

Ah sure i have better things to be doing with my time than arguing with a bunch of numbskulls from the 31 county jokelet and a bunch of AFR refugees!Tipp are always a bit casual in munster but they were badly found wanting at the business end of the championship under Ryan.Anyway i think i’ll leave ye numbskulls to mull over yere 40 years worth of Unlimited Heartbreak. :smiley:

oh rite. so cork still were not able to beat tipp even though they had a crap manager and were a bit casual in munster. square that up with your earlier cork “on their day” comment!! with having a crap manager and this casualness surely this year was an “on their day” opportunity to beat tipp???

I’d say the book about kilkenny full backs is positively riveting.

BC,s post count = 204 posts :strokechin:

Irony is lost on this fella. :rolleyes: