Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Champioship Thread 2013

Agree with KC, Galway will finish the job against kk, they will improve more from last year than kk did.

Cork have no chance for munster. The winners of Limerick and tipp will win munster.

Hmmmā€¦Youā€™re not the team manager, whose decision it is. So your opinion on a forum board is just a ā€œjack-offā€ for youā€¦
You are nothing but a pedantic, boring, Corkonian cunt that has sought refuge from that abomonation that is PROCā€¦

Iā€™d echo Appendageā€™s opinion (another cunt, but singularly correct in this issue) ban this ego-centric langer.

Think Limerick are a little short still. Clare are the real dark horses, they have more talent and one of the best attacks in the country if Davy lets the play a little.

[quote=ā€œBeautiful City, post: 729087ā€]

My birth cert sayā€™s Cork on it.[/quote]

Wtf??

My birth best say is ā€¦

[quote=ā€œTurenne, post: 729097ā€]

Think Limerick are a little short still. Clare are the real dark horses, they have more talent and one of the best attacks in the country if Davy lets the play a little.[/quote]
The Davy factor is the key too it

The key might not fit

Clare will be contenders when Davy vacates the stage

:lol:

that username

what does it even mean? :lol:

i think this is probably true. But it overstates limericks chances. they have 4 fantastic forwards in Mulcahy, Moran, Hannon and DOwling, these are top class. And this alone gives limerick a realistic chance. But, what they actually need to build is the spine from 3-6-8-9 of which james ryan will be at MF, but unfortunately the last place to be trying to build a defence is in Div 2, this will cost Limerick again, as it did last year v Tipp. A Clare v Limerick munster final is long overdueā€¦and they are both well capable of making it now but the league structure makes it very difficult. THat being said, there will be a game where Limerick play Dublin in the league and i can tell you now that if you get 1/1 on Limerick lump onā€¦

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 729104ā€]
i think this is probably true. But it overstates limericks chances. they have 4 fantastic forwards in Mulcahy, Moran, Hannon and DOwling, these are top class. And this alone gives limerick a realistic chance. But, what they actually need to build is the spine from 3-6-8-9 of which james ryan will be at MF, but unfortunately the last place to be trying to build a defence is in Div 2, this will cost Limerick again, as it did last year v Tipp. A Clare v Limerick munster final is long overdueā€¦and they are both well capable of making it now but the league structure makes it very difficult. THat being said, there will be a game where Limerick play Dublin in the league and i can tell you now that if you get 1/1 on Limerick lump onā€¦[/quote]would you not rate tobin or downs as good forwards

No

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 729106ā€]No[/quote]fair enuf

I was with until you mentioned that name! One swallow does not make a summer lad.

Niall Moran has be cat for the previous 5 years in a Lk jeresy, a 17 year old young fella he was training at work was making the County team ahead of him for a while ffs.

Regards Munster Hurling, i would rate the teams as follows.

Tipperary
Cork
Clare
Limerick
Waterford.

Moran should have gotten an all star last year

Ah yeah, he had a good year alright kc.

But it was his first decent year in 6 or 7 imo.

Any talk of early January challenge matches coming up?

Waterford Crystal Cup Hurling Draw 2013
Preliminary Round E Waterford UL 20/1 Waterford venue

Preliminary Round F Cork UCC 19/1 The Mardyke, UCC

Preliminary Round G Limerick Mary I 20/1 Limerick venue

Preliminary Round H Kerry IT Tralee 20/1 Kerry venue

QF 1 Clare Winners of E 27/1 Waterford or Clare venue

QF 2 WIT Winners of F 27/1 Cork venue or TBC

QF 3 Tipperary Winners of G 27/1 Tipperary venue

QF 4 LIT Winners of H 27/1 Kerry venue or TBC

Semi Finals to be played 3-2-2013.

Final fixed for 10-2-2013.

Clare have half a dozen lined up before the start of the league. Donā€™t know any specifics yet

Downes is a classy forward and but been plagued by injury the last year and a half, some people are writing him off too fast. He is big and fast and a lethal finisher and with injuries cleared up and a proper preseason behind him for the first time I think he will be a big player for us this year. If Moran continues at full Iā€™d like to see Downes in the corner. Iā€™m not as sure on Tobin, think heā€™d be better coming in from the bench.

In fairness, look at where Limerick were the last 5 years, a lot of wasted years for a lot of players. Reckon any team in munster could beat any other now. Tipp are top, then Cork. Hard to split Limerick and Clare, Clare now a D1 team but I feel we were better in the championship. Hard to know will waterford improve or regress, theyā€™re about the same level as Limerick and Clare. Iā€™d see Limerick and Clare improving more than cork this year.

He had a great year and no reason he canā€™t continue another few his fitness is is exceptional, but you couldnā€™t have given him an all star ahead of Canning.

3 is sorted, DOG acquitted himself well at 6 and Iā€™d be happy for him to continue, we have at least 5 good options for midfield, Hannon at 11 and Moran at 14 -happy enough with the spine.

If you hear of anything involving Tipp, let me know pls. And vice versa.

[quote=ā€œglasagusban, post: 729112ā€]
Downes is a classy forward and but been plagued by injury the last year and a half, some people are writing him off too fast. He is big and fast and a lethal finisher and with injuries cleared up and a proper preseason behind him for the first time I think he will be a big player for us this year. If Moran continues at full Iā€™d like to see Downes in the corner. Iā€™m not as sure on Tobin, think heā€™d be better coming in from the bench.

In fairness, look at where Limerick were the last 5 years, a lot of wasted years for a lot of players. Reckon any team in munster could beat any other now. Tipp are top, then Cork. Hard to split Limerick and Clare, Clare now a D1 team but I feel we were better in the championship. Hard to know will waterford improve or regress, theyā€™re about the same level as Limerick and Clare. Iā€™d see Limerick and Clare improving more than cork this year.

He had a great year and no reason he canā€™t continue another few his fitness is is exceptional, but you couldnā€™t have given him an all star ahead of Canning.

3 is sorted, DOG acquitted himself well at 6 and Iā€™d be happy for him to continue, we have at least 5 good options for midfield, Hannon at 11 and Moran at 14 -happy enough with the spine.[/quote]who have you penciled in for number 3