Official Arsenal FC Thread - 2016/17

Course it was

Giroud is a donkey, that goal confirmed it. He fell ffs, a pure fluke

Thatā€™s the 3 points in the bag for Woolwich to make it 35 from 39 against the cannon fodder sides in positions 8 to 20 in the league. A draw away to champions Leicester and a home draw to Middlesbrough the only blips on the flat track bullying front.

As ever, Woolwich have the worst record in head to heads against the top sides. In Top 7 head to heads, points tally is Liverpool 14, Chelsea 12, Man City 7, Tottenham, Man U & Everton 6, Woolwich 5.

Why are you including Everton in that group when they are clearly way worse than the others?

Heā€™d post up the League table if it suited his argument too.

I suspect he is also smelly

Everton are a traditional big club, fourth most successful in England after Man U, Liverpool and Woolwich and even through their lean years will generally rouse themselves for the big games and have a decent enough record in taking points off top sides. Everton have beaten Woolwich and taken points off Man U, Man City and Spurs this season. They only lost to a Fergie time goal to Liverpool. Woolwich wouldnā€™t typically bully Everton the way they would with the likes of Hull, Swansea, Crystal Palace and Burnley.

If you strip Everton out of it, the Top 6 head to heads donā€™t read a whole lot better for Woolwich. In Top 6 head to heads, points tally is Liverpool 11, Chelsea 9, Man City 6, Tottenham, Man U & Woolwich 5.

Giroud goal > Mickey-tearing ā€˜goalā€™

Not a fluke, one of the greatest goals ever scored

1 Like

A complete fluke by an absolute cart horse.

:horse:

3 Likes

Donā€™t be so nasty.

1 Like

You have a lovely way with words.

Terrific insight.

Instinctual, it was the only way he could get anything on it. Heā€™ll never do that again but not a fluke really.

Many many years ago my self and Jimmy Fortune were kicking football on the green in the estate. There were two apprentices from the glass factory living in digs on our road and they were hanging around watching us. Anyway I backheeled the ball over my head in the direction of Jimmy Fortune and Jimmy backheeled back over his head in my direction. The apprentices from the glass (who were loaded) offered us ten shillings if we could repeat the trick. Try as we might we couldnā€™t. Night set in and my and Jimmy went home penniless.

2 Likes

Only a Frenchman could score a goal like that

Go way you flute.

They hold life to a higher aesthetic pal

I can picture him quaffing a glass of red tonight, puffing on a cigar, as two young ladies service him. Beauty.

Iā€™d say Mickey-taring wrote a letter by candlelight to his mother in Armenia with a crude drawing of his ā€˜goalā€™ and a 50 pound sterling note inside. Sheā€™ll have died of consumption before it reaches her.

Fair play to Giroud coming out saying it was a fluke.

Humble and gorgeous. True beauty.