Official Arsenal FC Thread 2018/19

The 22 match unbeaten run is brought to an end by second from bottom Southampton. Southampton become the last of the 92 sides in the top four divisions in England to record a home league win this season.

Disappointing result but was a big ask on away day with 3 of the regular back 4 on the sidelines.

To their credit the team played to the final whistle trying to get something from the game. Some people will sneer but it’s been a sensational beginning to Mr Emery’s reign truth told.

Good wake up call for an important match midweek. The reintroduction of Sokratis will be welcome.

Nobody is sneering mate. The new man is doing a sensational job. Seems like a gentleman as well.

A fine point secured away to plucky Brighton this evening.
PEA scores another stunner but did miss a super chance in the first half also.

Top 4 finish is going to be tough to secure but they’ll battle on.

1 Like

Wenger IN.

I would call it schoolboy defending but that would be an insult to schoolboys.

It’s a setback alright but Coach will sort this mess out in the Summer.

We’re still going to be okay, bro.

Back in the big time. Fourth in the table, on goals scored, courtesy of Bournemouth beating Chelsea 4-0.

Pochettino is right, getting in to top 4 tonight feels much better than winning a cup.

1 Like

Mercifully due to work and parenting duties I only caught the last 10 minutes of that absolute steaming pile of shite.

A club with no identity or style going nowhere. Bring back the Boss before it’s too late.

You have a decent shout of Top 4 still. Only two games left against Top 6, Man U have 4 and Chelsea have 3. You’ve got Man U at home and Spurs at the Empire sandwiched between our midweek matches at Stamford Bridge and Dortmund.

Arsenal cant even master BATE on Valentines day, a sad state of affairs.

2 Likes

Arsenal have acquitted themselves quite well in the first half at Wembley. They surely won’t hold on against the mighty Spurs though.

Is it just me or are Unai’s teeth getting worse?

Havent seen a lot of arsenal under Emery but when i have Gundouzi has always impressed me, he is going to be a smashing player.

Cant say the same of Iwobi who has always struck me as a nothing player

A clearly offside Kane wins a penalty for Spurs. The big teams always get the big decisions.

Same here. Impressed me anytime I have seen him.

He was bought from a French second division club.

Have to be happy leaving fortress Wembley with that point. Mr Emery is doing a wonderful job.

Imagine if Patrick had converted that spot kick.

My Arsenal supporting pals (apart from @briantinnion who(m) I haven’t canvassed yet) have been very underwhelmed by Emery. I had the same impression the handful of times I’ve seen Arsenal. They were a shambles on a couple of those occasions, most notably at home to Manchester United in the cup. It was hard to determine what the tactics were and what his PHILOSOPHY was.

They were just a loose collection of mainly talented players not really playing as a cohesive unit, and not much different from the last few years under Wenger. All the same, it was acknowledged he’d need a few transfer windows to put his stamp on it but then they gave him no money to spend in January.

Maybe they were better today - I didn’t see it.

Every time I see Emery I’m reminded of this guy…

2 Likes

Tinnion sets the Arsenal agenda here, has his own one man fan club :smile:

He looks like john turturro