Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

I see this is introduced in the north now for ALL sports

So GAA coaches in Tyrone now have a different set of responsibilities to coaches in Monaghan

GAA needs to get all over this asap

1 Like

That already is the GAA protocol. Implementation is the issue.

1 Like

Interesting. I have never seen that mentioned in the club where my kids play

Ya it’s grand having a developed protocol but not much use if the club doesn’t make sure coaches and first aiders are aware of it.

3 Likes

I’ve a couple of Dubs players in next week to coach.

Any drills or questions you’d like to ask

The first cunt who asks about 16 players or subs will ruin it for the rest of ye.

Do your lunches get delivered to you fresh every day

1 Like

Ducking and diving all morning trying to put a team together team for a game this afternoon. Communions make a fuck of things this time of year.

Anyway, it’s not pretty but we have a team :muscle:

7 Likes

Tell the u11s playing to take the foot off the gas after half time

2 Likes

When you walk onto a plane or leave the dressing room in croke park, do you turn left or right?

2 Likes

No fear, they’re already hungover

I’m going to take a few u-8 hurling sessions in a predominantly football club? Any suggestions for games/drills or a place to look them?

Walking into a pitch for an U7 and U9 blitz of a Saturday morning and bumping into an old adversary standing in almost the exact same spot where ye’d windmilled agin each other in a momentous display of flakery a few years earlier and joshing and joking about good times had and the aul days.

Strolling out an hour later smiling because your youngster had done wreck and promising an ice cream on the way home.

Good times lads. Best of times.

6 Likes

Serious question. I’ve been thinking since Kerry bet Galway in the All Ireland final last year. They basically won it by taking advantage of the mark rule. Any of you lads notice in club football that it’s very under-utilised?

Very much so, but then again most teams generally only have 2 or 3 out and out shooters in the modern game, and those would prefer take a man on if they were one on one, and rightly so.

You have to kick the ball to claim a mark

1. This is supposed to be a damn business - The ask for spare tickets for a match is embarrassing
  1. Stupidly asking people to post their email addresses for everyone else to see on Twitter and people thick enough to do it

Cunts.

I’m gonna send on all the emails to Bang

Cc @Julio_Geordio

1 Like

:joy::joy:

In my coaching life, I’ve found myself coming back to the this post from time to time. A savant.