Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

Ray is an awful fucking dose

5 Likes

Remove weeds. Is that get rid of the shit lads?

2 Likes

When it comes to coaching, those who can do and those who can’t spoof on twitter

2 Likes

:smiley:

3 Likes

For a moment, for a slight moment, I thought he was actually going to post some sense.

More fool me

The shit coaches want to keep it non competitive for as long as possible

I wouldnt let that fella near childer - have a read of his bio.

Does he have a snapchat filter on his profile photo. Dodgy.

And the Camogie and LGFA in his bio, like being a coach for either is a calling card. Fucking bizarre character.

It’s competitive from under 12. We’ve our first league game on Saturday following on from the grading games. The kids are more than ready now!

1 Like

How do the grading games work? I’m really struggling with the prospect of streaming in autumn. Were u11 girls and if we stream into two teams our second one will be ridiculously weak and take thrashings at any level. the A team will be no great shakes either. Id imagine a lot will have given up in a year. The mixed teams are going grand.

They play four games against teams who are in or around same level. Based off results in those the team ends up in a suitable division matched with teams of similar ability.

Dublin has 18 divisions under 12 boys football should be a place for every team to have competitive games.

How many do you have under 11 now?
If you are weak in one team other clubs will be in same boat

Some of the weaker players tend to really kick on when they are streamed. When they are non-streamed they can often stand back let their stronger team mates at it. When streamed they get way more touches of the ball and this builds confidence and skills.

6 Likes

Streaming is vital. Some parents wont like it, but once they see how well the kids go, you’d be surprised how it can take off. Nothing better than seeing a kid bite down and really click into gear. Its much better have a kid playing down a level or two, than simply flitting around the edges of a ‘strong’ team, getting no game time and generally fuckacting. Its demoralising for him and for his parents.

1 Like

That’s exactly it. When introduced first it can cause a little upheaval but its always been for the best in my experience

Yeah I’ve definitely been swaying one way and then the other on it. Don’t think it’s black and white. Positives are what you said but I’ve been warned of the negatives by a lot whove been through it too. A lot of girls get disheartened the b team isn’t taken as seriously and they quit. Some of the good ones then concentrate on other sports at 14 or so and you’re left struggling for one team. They were adamant to leave it as late as possible with girls :person_shrugging:t2:
Problem too is there’s no hard and fast club policy so everyone’s at different things

1 Like

Yeah, its far from simple. If at all possible second team needs to be coached and organised properly. Plenty of movement between the panels also is important so first team isn’t perceived to be a closed shop.

2 Likes

Is that new Colm Nally book in shops yet?

In schools, they promote mix ability teaching. Its considered best practice and the theory behind it makes sense.

In reality, it rarely works, and benefits very few. Teachers teach to middle, which does little to help the bright nor does it help the weaker.

Streaming often results in the ‘better’ teachers teaching the more able classes. Thus, those at the bottom suffer from poor self esteem from being in bottom of most classes. Teachers can take a negative mindset to these classes, meaning that the students suffer.

Whether you stream or go mix ability, success boils down to the expertise of coach/teacher. Unfortunately, there is not enough of these types of coaches/teachers.

I would say that if kids had the right type of coach, particapation rates would be good. Kids walk/lose interest if there is poor coaching. Kids are no fools. They know the difference between a good coach/teacher and a bad one.

8 Likes