Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

I suppose the GAA is different in that we’re not really competing with the world and sure wouldn’t it be an altogether better place if at least one organisation catered for the weaker kids up to 12.

3 Likes

Shur didn’t they make Hazards brother a pro footballer to keep him happy. That sort of plamássing happened at a young age

Credit to limerick though with their u12 development squad and asking them to give up other sports.

3 Likes

I’ve witnessed the carryon of rival sporting organisation coaches before U12 in recent months as they hunted silverware. It’s pretty fucking disgusting truth be told. I doubt it would be much different in the GAA were the rules different.

I thought he was a movement coach not a performance one.

He’s all things to all people fella

Ah it happens in all codes.

It just depends on the time of the year.

You’ll see the u11 soccer lads going apeshit in May trying to win the 7 a side tournament while the u12 hurling mentors are AT it in August.

It’s human nature really.

It is. Dog see car, dog chases car. I’ve done it meself in the final 10 minutes of a go game. They may not be keeping scores but they’ll remember the last few minutes :face_with_peeking_eye:

“Anecdotally people tell me all the time”

He still plays the classics

3 Likes

Tis riddled with it. If he wrote it himself he talks about himself in the 3rd person for the first quarter of it

I’d love to see the research he mentions - doesn’t quote any study by name.

You just don’t get it fella

2 Likes

Kev is well able to move from one side of the argument to the other without blinking.

I’m surprised he didn’t shoehorn in some reference to his numerous sexual conquests.

2 Likes

You’re managing a team and trying to keep the head but your competing with managers from neighbouring clubs… lads you’d have been breaking hurls off 2 decades ago. When it comes to the crunch of it in a tight game you’d sometimes find yourself lepping and roaring like a lunatic. A few deep breaths usually works but it’s not easy

4 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2023/0526/1385835-dont-punish-children-because-of-irresponsible-adults/

Fair and balanced by McGinley as usual.

I’d love to see @caoimhaoin involved with the Waterford set up dishing out a few home truths.

3 Likes

Box office

1 Like

Helped out with a girls soccer league recently, under 11, 7 a side. Last game came down to the league decider, we were playing a clubs B team. We lost narrowly, bit of digging after and found out they played 4 off their A team who made the difference. If thats how they want to win a league, it says little about hownthey treat the other girls they dropped to get their trophy.

3 Likes

That’s the key point. If they were strict on the formats and the ages everyone streamed etc no one would lose out. There’s no international element to compete against.

Despicable.