Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1782694020642115691?t=Fkb-vJZLXFQcv1nhYK3qvQ&s=19

Kev is absolutely iconic.

“Bespoke” :joy:

3 Likes

Fuck me

1 Like

‘Give’

I call this one ‘up, back and score’

https://twitter.com/cideely/status/1784330803360498087?s=46&t=PYj9bwbGq9x8mR3JFzN-5Q

1 Like

Mother of Jaysus.

Up and atom

1 Like

First league game on Saturday and the sun is shining and I’ve about ten WhatsApp groups buzzing about flags and nets and keys for lock ups and refs and opponents and can the jerseys be dried in a tumble dryer and lads who won’t run and lads who’d be able for a second game as our other team is short.

I’ll miss it all next year.

4 Likes

Freshly pressed cargo shorts
New Ray Bans
New battery in the stop watch

2 Likes

:dark_sunglasses::stopwatch::shorts:

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Ref booked :white_check_mark:
Pitch Booked :white_check_mark:
15 Players :white_check_mark:

Lets go.

1 Like

What age do you start using proper underage goals in matches ?

Can use training poles as goals until under 10. Some clubs will have smaller goals they use from u 9

There’s two sized goals used - not sure if bigger one is from under 12 or 11.

Normal adult sized goals (and Pitch) from under 13.

2 Likes

Depends, do you want winners or participants?

4 Likes

There’s portable for U7 up if you want but you only really want them from U9 maybe but certainly from U11. Can’t be having lads pucking to poles at 9 or 10.

Fucks of yokes around the place though.

1 Like

Anyone come across a situation as regards underage players playing up a grade? I know there is a rule which permits it, but it is a rule as I understand it primarily designed to help smaller more rural clubs who would be struggling to field a team fully up to age.

Asked about a situation where a club with large numbers fielding two teams in U14 grade, in excess of 40 players across two teams who are up to age but they have parachuted up a handful of U12’s onto the U14A Division 1 team. All of the said U12 players I’m told are younger scions of U14 coaches/prominent club officers.

I would have thought that if there are sufficient numbers that priority has to be given to players that are up to age.

That should be the case but Feile year it turns into a shit show with mini Jimmy McGuinneses doing anything they can to win. Has ended up causing a big schism in a lot of clubs/teams.

2 Likes

They are not breaking any rules but very poor form. Might be worth looking at the club constitution or there may be a club charter which will most likely have something in it it about children being treated fairly etc

2 Likes

It is a situation my sister was asking me about. Going on in her kids club. There’s seemingly ructions over it. I was having a look at a document - Maintaining Good Practice Code of Behaviour, a Code of Behaviour for Underage Players and Coaches which applies across the board to GAA/LGFA/Camogie Association.

One of the duties placed on Coaches provides that they ‘should ensure that all those eligible to participate in any team within the Club are provided with an opportunity to do so with preference given to playing in their own age group’.

It strikes that there is a breach there if players who are U12, born in 2012 are getting brought into an U14 Division 1 team to the exclusion and preference of players who are born in 2010 and 2011 up to age in that age group.

It was brought up in a safeguarding course last week, as you say there it’s against code of conduct/best practice, but not necessarily a rule breach. The advice given was that the underage lads shouldn’t be playing ahead of lads in that age grade. It would be for the club executive and/or children’s officer to hold the coaches to account

1 Like