Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

I’d love to see some fellas try that, these fuckers can barely run without the ball

Gavin is fast lads. Regardless of what hand he plays the ball to which foot.

It’s interesting for a solo, but I couldn’t see it leading to more accurate kicking and if you deliberately setout to coach it for the solo I’d imagine players will follow it through into the kick. I don’t think you need to be as regimented on those things in football (compared to hurling) if a lad is doing an alternative method well.

I had a lad underage who had some sort of a condition and he developed a scoop pick up with his foot (basically scooped the ball up to knee height) it was effective for him.

Being able to hop with both hands and solo with both feet gives the player much more scope & freedom to…find a gap & turn backwards to recycle the ball instead of attacking, as we see in this clip. Great football.

5 Likes

I initially presumed this was satire but apparently not.

1 Like

Brian Murray of Donegal showcases some sublime shooting skills off either foot here at 22:25 and 28:50.

As commentators would say, these are great examples to any children watching at home to try and copy.

I used to kick like that as a young lad but it was coached out of me,the other way makes you much more accurate.Solo is different though,being able to solo off either foot is a great skill as it will make it tougher to be tackled if you can solo the ball on either side depending which side the defender is on.