Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

https://youtu.be/f3lQxVZ_Jng

Required viewing lads.

3 Likes

Keeping them fresh

1 Like

No none . I’m to the forefront in combatting player burnout

Back since mid January. Two challenge games and a league match played, second league game this weekend. Only coaching the one code this year, both codes last year was too much of a workload.

first year in 8 years I think that I’m not directly over a team playing in competitions. Helping out with a couple of teams, but nothing major. And doing a bit of a different coaching venture with underage that is far less stressful than the norm. No harm to take a break from it all for a bit.

4 Likes

I think you guys are over egging things a bit describing yourselves as coaches.

2 Likes

he’s wasting his time trying to educate those oiks, their minds are too small and unreceptive

1 Like

We’ve ten sessions down, first match was rained off Sunday morning. Our training to games ratio is fucked already :confounded:

Recalibration. Hugely important for a coach to move forward. The hunger will be massive in a year or two.

I’m itching to take a team(adult), but nothing worked out this year so it will be next. However that means loads more learning.

1 Like

Most important coaches in the world fella.

And their importance is only growing.

1 Like

Nonsense

Important coaches are involved in professional sports.

These guys are untrained volunteers with no qualifications assisting with bespoke amateur sports

Professional coaches have absolutely zero to offer society. They might as well be working for Ryanair or the ESB or Trump. They add no value to a childrens life.

The players do, by adding dreams.

The coaches at little leagues facilitate those dreams on some level being played out.

Some sports educate their coaches better than others.

GAA & Soccer in Ireland is shite. Its left up to the progressive clubs, which is pot luck for the kids.

Hockey and Rugby is top down. Those lads know what they are at.

1 Like

Thanks for agreeing with my initial point about the gga being shite

I know your only on the wind up here but I can’t help myself. The GAA clubs for all their faults have an ethos of trying to cater for everybody regardless of ability. My experience of soccer clubs is the exact opposite. Kevins Boys Home Farm and Shelbourne all run trials for kids as young as 7 or 8. If a child doesn’t shine at the trial he is discarded. At fucking 8 years of age! This is fundamentally wrong on every level. I’m sure the lad making these decisions has all his coaching badges but I’d take a well meaning volunteer over these cunts any day.

4 Likes

why is it though? Soccer is at a different level to GAA in that some of those clubs are semi pro. They also dont have the “parish rule” therefore anyone can join the soccer club. They have to have restrictions to numbers in some way, so if they have trials for top level teams, than so be it. It would be like complaining that your 14 year old hasnt been let train with the Dublin underage GAA academy team. The soccer clubs cant take everyone and there are plenty of clubs for them to go to. If those clubs adopted an approach that they took no one after that age, then yes, it would be ridiculous, but they dont. You have picked out probably the 3 biggest academy set ups in the country where any aspiring soccer player would want to go to. They arent the same things, at all. And I say that as someone who has coached GAA at all levels with massively varying differences of ability and am happy to do so.

Is this at adult level?

The competition Sunday is the Feile qualification tournament. It’s straight knock out run off over the next few weekends. We won’t have championship proper until May I’d say and will have at least 9 games in that, so once we are out of this Feile we’ll start back training then.

That’s senior yeah, dusting off the boots myself for junior training this eve. We have a new astro surface this year, trying to make it a bit of a social team for the 30+ lads to keep them involved, be interesting to see how it goes.

1 Like

That’s not a very positive attitude

It’s the B competition and If I’m being honest we’ll probably win it.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy what sort of coaching is in the🎾 club. The tennis pro must be knee deep in late middle age clunge.