Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

Twelve lads, four under thirty, in non-stop wind, rain and hail.
#goodtobeback

1 Like
3 Likes

Those sick soccerball bastards.

@TreatyStones
@caoimhaoin

Any advice for getting the U6 girls to focus? I find they’d sooner make a few Daisy chains than partake in the HIIT drills.

2 Likes

If it’s camogie, attach a mirror to the boss of the hurley

Our first match was eventually played this morning. Just about pulled through. A lot of work to do this year.

1 Like

Fun Games.
TgfU.

Fuck drills. Fuck trying to make hurlers out of them. Get them moving and laughing. The rest will look after itself.

1 Like

They should be playing sports they enjoy

1 Like

I can imagine the first match against Ballinderreen in a few weeks. Your crowd doing Ring a Ring a Rosie while the opposition walk in a few goals. With Kev’s advise you’ll be a laughing stock.

1 Like

We got the fun out of the way good and early year. There are cups to be won and someone has to do it.

1 Like

Exactly.
Winning = fun
Not winning = not fun

2 Likes

True. But making it fun early creates a connection with the sport and yhe club and will lead to retention and affiliation to the club and thus more likely success.
They pick up skills easier as well if they like going there.
Anyone worried about winning before Minor is a gobshite

1 Like

Down the ltc the thougjts of matches for kids is laughable

:smile:

you are on the ball there, its all about engagement at that age

“Right lads, you’re all 17 now so time to let you in on a big secret…”

Understand the difference between competitiveness and winning.

Kids and youth will sort out winning in their own heads anyway.

Its the adults trying to win is the problem.

Obvious here whats really motivating a few coaches. Ye would want to go back to the drawing board and assess exactly why ye are coaching

Competition and encouragement buddy. Also, remember your coaching now will affect them for their entire lives and hie the team look at sport.

We’re coaching to beat ballinderreen, at every age level, every game. No room for any of your airy fairy enjoyment shite.

5 Likes

I hope you are messing.

Otherwise its some dumb shit

3 Likes